Married to an Aspie

Can anyone relate to being married to a guy with Aspergers and feeling like his carer? Feel so lonely in our relationship and unless we do what motivates him or talk about his hobbies we literally don’t talk or spend time together. Don’t want to use this forum to moan as he really is a kind hearted guy but I just feel so unimportant, forgotten and alone. 

Parents
  • I have read a few posts on here and honestly I feel depressed maybe as a rule of self preservation we should not get involved with "NT's". 

I bet in the beginning thing seem good but as time goes on the relationship dissipates due to lack of understanding and tolerance on both sides. 

The reality is NT's need constant emotional interaction like puppies but being unable to read theses emotional cues makes us in this regard chocolate teapots.

It seems to me like NAS62020 has brought the wrong item and would like to return it but she does not have the receipt and is left with the choice of throwing it away and buying a new and better item or keep the item and try to Taylor it which is hard and takes skill and in the end will probably realise she should of just got a new one. 

• I have read a few posts on here and honestly I feel depressed maybe as a rule of self preservation we should not get involved with "NT's". 

I bet in the beginning thing seem good but as time goes on the relationship dissipates due to lack of understanding and tolerance on both sides. 

The reality is NT's need constant emotional interaction like puppies but being unable to read theses emotional cues makes us in this regard chocolate teapots.

It seems to me like NAS62020 has brought the wrong item and would like to return it but she does not have the receipt and is left with the choice of throwing it away and buying a new and better item or keep the item and try to Taylor it which is hard and takes skill and in the end will probably realise she should of just got a new one. 

Children
  • It seems to me like NAS62020 has brought the wrong item and would like to return it but she does not have the receipt and is left with the choice of throwing it away and buying a new and better item or keep the item and try to Taylor it which is hard and takes skill and in the end will probably realise she should of just got a new one. 

Very cutting.   I think she's bought a complex toy with some assembly required.  Smiley