benifits of diagnosis??? Help

Hi all, I have a 9 yo dd who I have suspected from babyhood to be on the spectrum but Iv ignored and tried to manage symptoms on my own (badly). She is high functioning but I wonder if there are any benefits in seeking a diagnosis when she has no learning disability or physical impairments. she is a high achiever at school but I just am worried that I don't have the knowledge or tools for her as she enters her teens. 

Parents
  • It will allow you to be able to get support for her in school should it if ever be needed. This isn't necessarily academic support. It can be emotional etc. It may also be of help to her as an adult and getting jobs etc.

It can be beneficial to you as you may be entitled to DLA money and you can get carer discounts when you take her out. You may be able to access services such as CAHMS to help her and you manage her behaviour etc at home.

It will help her to understand herself. I wish I'd been diagnosed as a child. I spent a lifetime wondering why I was so different. What was wrong with me. I needed the answer.

• It will allow you to be able to get support for her in school should it if ever be needed. This isn't necessarily academic support. It can be emotional etc. It may also be of help to her as an adult and getting jobs etc.

It can be beneficial to you as you may be entitled to DLA money and you can get carer discounts when you take her out. You may be able to access services such as CAHMS to help her and you manage her behaviour etc at home.

It will help her to understand herself. I wish I'd been diagnosed as a child. I spent a lifetime wondering why I was so different. What was wrong with me. I needed the answer.

Children
No Data