Please help my 4 year old daughter

Dear all.

My 4 year old daughter has diagnosed with autism spectrum. It took nearly a year to get NHS attention.Me and my wife noticed that there is something wrong with her when she was 2 years old.  I live in London Redbridge. They are taking too long to give her an appointment .We felt this council is working very slow and can't handle. 

Please advise me . where is the best place to live in England for a autistic child. 

Thank you 

Kish.

Parents
  • Hi, has your daughter been diagnosed yet or are you still waiting for the assessment appointment? Experience trying to get review appointments for my 2 year old daughter have taught me that you need to chase, chase and chase some more

• Hi. 

Thank you for the reply. Paediatrician saw her in November and he made a referral to social communication clinic for assessment in DSM-IV and ADOS. but when I call them there told me it can take up to a year to get these appointments. 

First time me met the paediatrician in June 2018.

• I'm still trying to get my daughter assessed after nearly 5 years (not waiting 5 years but 5 years being passed around departments)

Reply Children