Please help my 4 year old daughter

Dear all.

My 4 year old daughter has diagnosed with autism spectrum. It took nearly a year to get NHS attention.Me and my wife noticed that there is something wrong with her when she was 2 years old.  I live in London Redbridge. They are taking too long to give her an appointment .We felt this council is working very slow and can't handle. 

Please advise me . where is the best place to live in England for a autistic child. 

Thank you 

Kish.

• Hi, reports from school might be useful for your access to supports. Like Kitsun said earlier in her post, you need to chase, chase ad chase. If can afford, I will recommend to get an ASD assessment privately then you can access to all the supports from council. Unfortunately all the supports have waiting time, keep chasing, follow-up. Many private insurance provided by employer covered the costs up to ASD assessment. Good Luck and take care!

• Does it take that long to get special educational support? September seems a very long way away!

• Thank you .

We are trying to give her the best possible support but systems is very slow. I heard some local authorities are better . I want to know any one had a better support. 

• Thank you for your kindness .

Paediatrician referred her to special educational needs support and told they're trying to get it by September .

I want to give her the best possible support and I am ready  to move .I heard some local authorities are better . 

• Thank you for clarifying. Our daughter had a review with her paediatrician Monday just gone and he’s referring her for genetic testing and autism assessment. Unfortunately, a years wait isn’t unusual, we will probably have to wait the same length of time too. It’s frustrating though, you just want your child to get a diagnosis ASAP. What I would say though is that even without a diagnosis our daughter’s paediatrician is going to do a section 23 referral to the local authority so that she will be entitled to special educational needs support when she starts nursery and later at school. It might be worth asking your daughter’s paediatrician about this if you haven’t already done so?

• I'm still trying to get my daughter assessed after nearly 5 years (not waiting 5 years but 5 years being passed around departments)

• Hi. 

Thank you for the reply. Paediatrician saw her in November and he made a referral to social communication clinic for assessment in DSM-IV and ADOS. but when I call them there told me it can take up to a year to get these appointments. 

First time me met the paediatrician in June 2018.

• Hi, has your daughter been diagnosed yet or are you still waiting for the assessment appointment? Experience trying to get review appointments for my 2 year old daughter have taught me that you need to chase, chase and chase some more