Any coping strategies in secondary school?

Hi, I’m new to this community so apologies if this is already answered somewhere. Has anyone found anything particular that helps their secondary school child get through the school day more easily? My daughter is 11 and so stressed out about school. We have given in to giving her lifts to/from school to ease the anxiety but sitting in a classroom where she finds it hard to process information quickly enough or remember what she should be doing is so tiring. Time out would help but she doesn’t want people to see her as different. Any ideas gratefully received! Thank you.

Parents
  • I see. Let me explain: I'll describe you briefly our experience in the hope that it will help you and your daughter.
    As a parent during the scholastic period I wanted to avoid the excessive use of time out of the class (very widespread and abused custom, unfortunately). With the school and the teachers, therefore, I always fought for my son to stay in class like all his companions because my son was not isolated or discriminated against.
    On the other hand it was necessary to take into account the overload stress: I could not ignore my son's need for moments of rest in a quiet place out of the classroom.
    So together with my son we have developed this strategy: going to the bathroom, buying a snack at the vending machine for snacks, some stable assignment outside the class assigned to him by the teachers (take the chalk for the blackboard, ask for the clay to the works of the sculpture class, etc.) planned on his visual daily timetable helped him a little more to "resist" by foreseeing that shortly thereafter there would have been one of the moments of pause outside the class already planned and clearly visible on the his visual display.
    Not always but many times this added strategy has helped him stay a little longer in class despite stress, resulting in a good compromise between two seemingly irreconcilable needs.
  • I see. Let me explain: I'll describe you briefly our experience in the hope that it will help you and your daughter.
    As a parent during the scholastic period I wanted to avoid the excessive use of time out of the class (very widespread and abused custom, unfortunately). With the school and the teachers, therefore, I always fought for my son to stay in class like all his companions because my son was not isolated or discriminated against.
    On the other hand it was necessary to take into account the overload stress: I could not ignore my son's need for moments of rest in a quiet place out of the classroom.
    So together with my son we have developed this strategy: going to the bathroom, buying a snack at the vending machine for snacks, some stable assignment outside the class assigned to him by the teachers (take the chalk for the blackboard, ask for the clay to the works of the sculpture class, etc.) planned on his visual daily timetable helped him a little more to "resist" by foreseeing that shortly thereafter there would have been one of the moments of pause outside the class already planned and clearly visible on the his visual display.
    Not always but many times this added strategy has helped him stay a little longer in class despite stress, resulting in a good compromise between two seemingly irreconcilable needs.
Children