Autism and Divorce

Former Member
Former Member

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this post. With great sadness my marriage has reached its end and we are currently simply staying together for our 10 year old autistic son. Has anyone here experienced divorce with an autistic child? Staying together out of fear is making our situation worse, any advice would be amazing. Thank you.

Parents
  • May I ask if you or your wife are autistic?.you give little information,,,and yet you ask advice,,,the advice you will receive should be about autism! Not marriage guidance or divorce etiquette for two non autistic adults,,, I have no clue as to how a neurotypical adult will cope or deal with this, I can only comment on how an autistic child may feel,,, may I suggest you re read Trogluddite s reply,,,it has very good advice on how it might effect your son... for informatin on marriage and divorce you really need to find another resource, we are not known for fully understanding neurotypical mindsets.

Please think about your son and his needs,,, 

I am perplexed by your words,,,

• May I ask if you or your wife are autistic?.you give little information,,,and yet you ask advice,,,the advice you will receive should be about autism! Not marriage guidance or divorce etiquette for two non autistic adults,,, I have no clue as to how a neurotypical adult will cope or deal with this, I can only comment on how an autistic child may feel,,, may I suggest you re read Trogluddite s reply,,,it has very good advice on how it might effect your son... for informatin on marriage and divorce you really need to find another resource, we are not known for fully understanding neurotypical mindsets.

Please think about your son and his needs,,, 

I am perplexed by your words,,,

Children
No Data