Autism and Divorce

Former Member
Former Member

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this post. With great sadness my marriage has reached its end and we are currently simply staying together for our 10 year old autistic son. Has anyone here experienced divorce with an autistic child? Staying together out of fear is making our situation worse, any advice would be amazing. Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi 

what is your situation now three years later, did you continue to stay together for your son? 
    I am currently separating from my spouse my autistic daughter is 5 years old. I am still at the beginning of all the organising that goes with separation, but we too thought to carry on living in same space for a while. 
    but my daughter isn’t silly and sees the different attitude and behaviour between us. 

• Hi 

what is your situation now three years later, did you continue to stay together for your son? 
    I am currently separating from my spouse my autistic daughter is 5 years old. I am still at the beginning of all the organising that goes with separation, but we too thought to carry on living in same space for a while. 
    but my daughter isn’t silly and sees the different attitude and behaviour between us. 

Children
No Data