A change for the worse

"Autism friendly"? No, I don't think so. The original format worked and was a logical set up that was easy to use, this new format is a total illogical mess. The number of posts on this forum and the number of users making them were already in decline. I think this new layout will simply hasten that process. I for one won't be using or visiting this site in future. In fact as soon as I post this I'm going to close my account here.

Parents
  • Well this new interface is certainly different from the old one and I am still struggling to get used to it.

So far I have only accessed it from my smartphone.

The real questions are, is it any better, have they fixed the multiple post issue, what new features are included.  Yesterday I thought I came across a Private Message (PM) feature.  Now I can't find it!!!

I think we can embed images. One of my few regular visitors.

• Your private messaging options are in your settings (via your avatar at top right of the page). The default is to allow private messages only from friends, but you can disallow them totally if you wish. We do not recommend the third option, of allowing them from all users.

To become "friends" with someone, look at that person's profile, and use the Connect button. Obviously the other party has to agree before the friendship is confirmed, as on other systems.

Any remaining bugs on the previous system should not have been carried across, because this is a completely different platform. We transferred the messages and user details, including avatars, but nothing else.

Beyond private messaging and photos, other new features include, in no particular order:

• upload your own avatar (as previously requested on various occasions)
    • the leader board on the home page, and scoring systems
    • notifications at the top of the page as well as by email
    • better message editing, as noted by some users since the change
    • highlighting of related threads in the right column

There are also a range of future possibilities for expansion, but we want to see how useful this initial version of the platform proves first.

Hope this helps.

• Your private messaging options are in your settings (via your avatar at top right of the page). The default is to allow private messages only from friends, but you can disallow them totally if you wish. We do not recommend the third option, of allowing them from all users.

To become "friends" with someone, look at that person's profile, and use the Connect button. Obviously the other party has to agree before the friendship is confirmed, as on other systems.

Any remaining bugs on the previous system should not have been carried across, because this is a completely different platform. We transferred the messages and user details, including avatars, but nothing else.

Beyond private messaging and photos, other new features include, in no particular order:

• upload your own avatar (as previously requested on various occasions)
    • the leader board on the home page, and scoring systems
    • notifications at the top of the page as well as by email
    • better message editing, as noted by some users since the change
    • highlighting of related threads in the right column

There are also a range of future possibilities for expansion, but we want to see how useful this initial version of the platform proves first.

Hope this helps.

Children
  • I think it was a glitch because when the phone froze. The message that someone else was typing was actually overlapping other text on the screen.

• I am a laptop only techno-clutz type - so whether it was a smartphone glitch or what I do not know.

Maybe WebPM or someone else who is tech-wise will be of more assistance with this one possibly.

• I am exclusively accessing this site from a smartphone.  And still struggling to get used to it.  Not sure where the tool bar or the restore lost content option is !

However what happened was, I was writing a short reply to a post and I pressed "reply" to post.  The whole phone froze and a message appeared that the other person was typing.  And the phone remained frozen. I switched it off and on again.

When I got back onto the site. The other posters reply was there but my post never appeared.

I have now found the tools menu and restore lost content option.  I had to change my mobile site to a desktop site.

No sign of my old message.

• I lost a bit of writing in a technical glitch, but found that the 'Restore lost content' option in the Tools bar resurrects the lost material. Perhaps it remains stored in the systems memory, maybe it is only temporary - but at least it is not a total loss in the short-term.

Maybe then reply again to the said post, see if the restore function does the trick - and let us know if it works or not perhaps?

• Another thing I have noticed is that when someone is replying to a post of mine.  A message appeared that that person is typing.  And I was posting to him at the same time.  And my post never appeared.