A change for the worse

"Autism friendly"? No, I don't think so. The original format worked and was a logical set up that was easy to use, this new format is a total illogical mess. The number of posts on this forum and the number of users making them were already in decline. I think this new layout will simply hasten that process. I for one won't be using or visiting this site in future. In fact as soon as I post this I'm going to close my account here.

Parents
  • Well this new interface is certainly different from the old one and I am still struggling to get used to it.

So far I have only accessed it from my smartphone.

The real questions are, is it any better, have they fixed the multiple post issue, what new features are included.  Yesterday I thought I came across a Private Message (PM) feature.  Now I can't find it!!!

I think we can embed images. One of my few regular visitors.

• Well this new interface is certainly different from the old one and I am still struggling to get used to it.

So far I have only accessed it from my smartphone.

The real questions are, is it any better, have they fixed the multiple post issue, what new features are included.  Yesterday I thought I came across a Private Message (PM) feature.  Now I can't find it!!!

I think we can embed images. One of my few regular visitors.

Children
  • Your private messaging options are in your settings (via your avatar at top right of the page). The default is to allow private messages only from friends, but you can disallow them totally if you wish. We do not recommend the third option, of allowing them from all users.

To become "friends" with someone, look at that person's profile, and use the Connect button. Obviously the other party has to agree before the friendship is confirmed, as on other systems.

Any remaining bugs on the previous system should not have been carried across, because this is a completely different platform. We transferred the messages and user details, including avatars, but nothing else.

Beyond private messaging and photos, other new features include, in no particular order:

• upload your own avatar (as previously requested on various occasions)
    • the leader board on the home page, and scoring systems
    • notifications at the top of the page as well as by email
    • better message editing, as noted by some users since the change
    • highlighting of related threads in the right column

There are also a range of future possibilities for expansion, but we want to see how useful this initial version of the platform proves first.

Hope this helps.