Famous People with Asperger Syndrome or Similar Autistic Traits

With many of these people, the condition is highly speculative rather than actually diagnosed.  Some of the symptoms suggested, too, could indicate other conditions - particularly with people like Woody Allen.

Still... I find it reassuring in many ways to maybe share something in common with people who've made such an impact in their own particular ways...

www.asperger-syndrome.me.uk/people.htm

Parents
  • Martian Tom said:

And Henry Darger?  The most well-known 'outsider' artist?  What do you think?

en.wikipedia.org/.../Henry_Darger

www.youtube.com/watch

Never published any of his work (which included a 15,145-page fantasy novel) or exhibited any of his hundreds of paintings and collages, and asked for them all to be destroyed after his death.  Lived in the same one-room apartment in Chicago for over four decades whilst working as a hospital janitor.  Is known to have had only one friend in that time.

Strange bloke, Tom. I wonder why his art was so gruesome. He had a tough early life and going through WWI was no picnic either so....

They say that Aspies have very good imaginations and I guess Darger shows this pretty clearly.

• Martian Tom said:

And Henry Darger?  The most well-known 'outsider' artist?  What do you think?

en.wikipedia.org/.../Henry_Darger

www.youtube.com/watch

Never published any of his work (which included a 15,145-page fantasy novel) or exhibited any of his hundreds of paintings and collages, and asked for them all to be destroyed after his death.  Lived in the same one-room apartment in Chicago for over four decades whilst working as a hospital janitor.  Is known to have had only one friend in that time.

Strange bloke, Tom. I wonder why his art was so gruesome. He had a tough early life and going through WWI was no picnic either so....

They say that Aspies have very good imaginations and I guess Darger shows this pretty clearly.

Children
No Data