Famous People with Asperger Syndrome or Similar Autistic Traits

With many of these people, the condition is highly speculative rather than actually diagnosed.  Some of the symptoms suggested, too, could indicate other conditions - particularly with people like Woody Allen.

Still... I find it reassuring in many ways to maybe share something in common with people who've made such an impact in their own particular ways...

www.asperger-syndrome.me.uk/people.htm

Parents
  • Mlle Lermontova said:

As for real life historical characters, another one I wonder about is my beloved Emperor Julian. Bookish, obsessed with philosophy and mysticism, not keen on the theatre or sporting events, quirky sense of humour, loyal to his close friends. Socially not quite conventional – he would talk to anyone of any social station if they were interested in the things he cared about; he would interrupt a political meeting to welcome home a long-absent friend; he had inky fingers because he was always writing; an untidy beard. Hostile commentators said he had a tic when he became excited about things and would laugh for no apparent reason; he would talk and talk and no-one could get a word in. He once dealt with a regiment that had behaved in a manner regarded as cowardly not by decimation, but by making them parade though the camp in women's clothes and then disbanding them. He was very clean-living and had a strong sense of personal morality.

Yup, Aspies certainly make the world more colourful!

Which period was that, Mlle?

• Mlle Lermontova said:

As for real life historical characters, another one I wonder about is my beloved Emperor Julian. Bookish, obsessed with philosophy and mysticism, not keen on the theatre or sporting events, quirky sense of humour, loyal to his close friends. Socially not quite conventional – he would talk to anyone of any social station if they were interested in the things he cared about; he would interrupt a political meeting to welcome home a long-absent friend; he had inky fingers because he was always writing; an untidy beard. Hostile commentators said he had a tic when he became excited about things and would laugh for no apparent reason; he would talk and talk and no-one could get a word in. He once dealt with a regiment that had behaved in a manner regarded as cowardly not by decimation, but by making them parade though the camp in women's clothes and then disbanding them. He was very clean-living and had a strong sense of personal morality.

Yup, Aspies certainly make the world more colourful!

Which period was that, Mlle?

Children
No Data