Famous People with Asperger Syndrome or Similar Autistic Traits

With many of these people, the condition is highly speculative rather than actually diagnosed.  Some of the symptoms suggested, too, could indicate other conditions - particularly with people like Woody Allen.

Still... I find it reassuring in many ways to maybe share something in common with people who've made such an impact in their own particular ways...

www.asperger-syndrome.me.uk/people.htm

Parents
  • Mlle Lermontova said:

Chat up a girl I find attractive?  Are you kidding?  I've never understood that one!  I think I'd stop short of abduction, though...

Claude-logic tends to break down because he doesn't really get how other people will react – he's not good at theory of mind. I think it goes something like this:

1. I can't possibly talk to that girl in the street: she is a dancer, I am a priest. My reputation will be shot.
    2. How can I get to talk to her in private?
    3. Get someone I trust to bring her to me.
    4. My brother? No: he's a randy, drunken undergraduate and will make off with her himself.
    5. My adopted child? Yes!

Does not work because he does not consider:

How she will perceive this. Also, fails to consider (perhaps because he is used to the kid's deformities) that Quasimodo's appearance will scare the wits out of any unsuspecting female from a considerable distance, especially after dark; also, Quasimodo's communication difficulties mean he can't explain why she is to come with him.

And from this attempted abduction, the further catastrophes of the plot proceed.

[/quote]

Claude really does have serious problems, doesn't he?

Nice illustration though.

• Mlle Lermontova said:

Chat up a girl I find attractive?  Are you kidding?  I've never understood that one!  I think I'd stop short of abduction, though...

Claude-logic tends to break down because he doesn't really get how other people will react – he's not good at theory of mind. I think it goes something like this:

1. I can't possibly talk to that girl in the street: she is a dancer, I am a priest. My reputation will be shot.
    2. How can I get to talk to her in private?
    3. Get someone I trust to bring her to me.
    4. My brother? No: he's a randy, drunken undergraduate and will make off with her himself.
    5. My adopted child? Yes!

Does not work because he does not consider:

How she will perceive this. Also, fails to consider (perhaps because he is used to the kid's deformities) that Quasimodo's appearance will scare the wits out of any unsuspecting female from a considerable distance, especially after dark; also, Quasimodo's communication difficulties mean he can't explain why she is to come with him.

And from this attempted abduction, the further catastrophes of the plot proceed.

[/quote]

Claude really does have serious problems, doesn't he?

Nice illustration though.

Children
No Data