Famous People with Asperger Syndrome or Similar Autistic Traits

With many of these people, the condition is highly speculative rather than actually diagnosed.  Some of the symptoms suggested, too, could indicate other conditions - particularly with people like Woody Allen.

Still... I find it reassuring in many ways to maybe share something in common with people who've made such an impact in their own particular ways...

www.asperger-syndrome.me.uk/people.htm

Parents
  • I was/am very much the 'little professor/little philosopher' type myself. Academically over-achieving, but crap at the practical side of life. I know what you mean about feeling lost. I knew where I wanted to be, but the goalposts were changed with changes in academia and museums/galleries while I was trying to get there... I am an anachronism. Had I been a generation or 2 older, the niches were there where I could have fitted.

I do hope you look up Dom Claude. The other characters in his fictional universe, of course, do not really understand his crisis, and have an excuse in context (it's set in 15C, after all). However, I find it less excusable that some modern commentators simply treat him as a Gothic 'villain', rather than an Aspie having a catastrophic breakdown.

• I was/am very much the 'little professor/little philosopher' type myself. Academically over-achieving, but crap at the practical side of life. I know what you mean about feeling lost. I knew where I wanted to be, but the goalposts were changed with changes in academia and museums/galleries while I was trying to get there... I am an anachronism. Had I been a generation or 2 older, the niches were there where I could have fitted.

I do hope you look up Dom Claude. The other characters in his fictional universe, of course, do not really understand his crisis, and have an excuse in context (it's set in 15C, after all). However, I find it less excusable that some modern commentators simply treat him as a Gothic 'villain', rather than an Aspie having a catastrophic breakdown.

Children
No Data