Famous People with Asperger Syndrome or Similar Autistic Traits

With many of these people, the condition is highly speculative rather than actually diagnosed.  Some of the symptoms suggested, too, could indicate other conditions - particularly with people like Woody Allen.

Still... I find it reassuring in many ways to maybe share something in common with people who've made such an impact in their own particular ways...

www.asperger-syndrome.me.uk/people.htm

Parents
  • Interesting comment about Spike Milligan.  I have a biography about him that I picked up many years ago, and was just reading a short section last night, and thought exactly the same thing.  As it is, I've idolised Milligan's work since my childhood - the word genius is overused these days, but for him it's an apt description.

As Tom says, these lists are often speculative, compared to those like Daryl Hannah who have stated they are on the autistic spectrum.  For those who have passed on however, it's interesting to muse on who might have also been on the spectrum.

Thankfully, neurotypicals are now realising that "autistic" just means "different", and aspies and auties in the public eye can help the cause by talking about it. 

• Interesting comment about Spike Milligan.  I have a biography about him that I picked up many years ago, and was just reading a short section last night, and thought exactly the same thing.  As it is, I've idolised Milligan's work since my childhood - the word genius is overused these days, but for him it's an apt description.

As Tom says, these lists are often speculative, compared to those like Daryl Hannah who have stated they are on the autistic spectrum.  For those who have passed on however, it's interesting to muse on who might have also been on the spectrum.

Thankfully, neurotypicals are now realising that "autistic" just means "different", and aspies and auties in the public eye can help the cause by talking about it. 

Children
No Data