Was Jesus autistic?

i am no longer religious, but believe there is a greater propensity for religious belief in people on the spectrum, sometimes to an unhealthy degree. anyway, for fun, was Jesus autistic?

Most knowledgeable mothers would recognise autistic traits in their young son...

1. To her face, he called his mum "Woman"
2. He went missing, was found debating with adults, and was annoyed that his mother wouldn't automatically know where he was
3. He had a meltdown in the temple
4. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of scripture

Parents
  • AUT1E said:
    i am no longer religious, but believe there is a greater propensity for religious belief in people on the spectrum, sometimes to an unhealthy degree.

I don't mean to offend anyone (religion can be a touchy issue), but I believe the propensity for religious beliefs in Aspies are actually reduced. To start off with, religion is something that is indoctrinated to children, without clear evidence, and they believe it without question. For me my nature is to question everything and to never take anything for granted, and in that way I am very scientific. To me religion is something that is a comfort to NT's who don't have the inclination or intellect to question and consider the world around them might be something different to what they have been told it is. The biggest part of religion seems to be life-after-death concepts, which I think bring comfort to NT's who find comfort in the concept that once their corporeal life ends, they will live on and see dead relatives etc. The actual reality is once brain death has occurred the only part of them that lives on is in people's memories, photographs, and videos.

If there was a God, then why would he have made Autistics who have to endure a life made extremely difficult by arrogant NT's who think everything has to go their way?!

I could go on but I think I have expressed the broad idea. To anyone interested in these types of issues I recommend reading the book "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

• AUT1E said:
    i am no longer religious, but believe there is a greater propensity for religious belief in people on the spectrum, sometimes to an unhealthy degree.

I don't mean to offend anyone (religion can be a touchy issue), but I believe the propensity for religious beliefs in Aspies are actually reduced. To start off with, religion is something that is indoctrinated to children, without clear evidence, and they believe it without question. For me my nature is to question everything and to never take anything for granted, and in that way I am very scientific. To me religion is something that is a comfort to NT's who don't have the inclination or intellect to question and consider the world around them might be something different to what they have been told it is. The biggest part of religion seems to be life-after-death concepts, which I think bring comfort to NT's who find comfort in the concept that once their corporeal life ends, they will live on and see dead relatives etc. The actual reality is once brain death has occurred the only part of them that lives on is in people's memories, photographs, and videos.

If there was a God, then why would he have made Autistics who have to endure a life made extremely difficult by arrogant NT's who think everything has to go their way?!

I could go on but I think I have expressed the broad idea. To anyone interested in these types of issues I recommend reading the book "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

Children
No Data