Was Jesus autistic?

i am no longer religious, but believe there is a greater propensity for religious belief in people on the spectrum, sometimes to an unhealthy degree. anyway, for fun, was Jesus autistic?

Most knowledgeable mothers would recognise autistic traits in their young son...

1. To her face, he called his mum "Woman"
2. He went missing, was found debating with adults, and was annoyed that his mother wouldn't automatically know where he was
3. He had a meltdown in the temple
4. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of scripture

Parents
  • yes. and, according to the book, he spoke in parables, metaphor and other non-vernacular terms. there is probably enough information in the new testament for a formal, arm's-length diagnosis.

i also believe more firmly, that the authors of the bible/christianity were definitely autistic

christian religiosity can be crudely summarised as 'holiness is the opposing of human nature' - lust, greed, power etc.

autistic people are intellectual rather than instinctual (now proven by FMRI results) and value rule-based environments. they can easily be held as (as i was) a 'very good christian'.

ideas of circumcision (not literal, but the modern theological concept of being 'separate' from the herd) being desirable are purely autistic, as most non-autistic people experience massive motivation to conform.

at face value, a high functioning autitic person with a dependent personality disorder is actually the perfect christian.

• yes. and, according to the book, he spoke in parables, metaphor and other non-vernacular terms. there is probably enough information in the new testament for a formal, arm's-length diagnosis.

i also believe more firmly, that the authors of the bible/christianity were definitely autistic

christian religiosity can be crudely summarised as 'holiness is the opposing of human nature' - lust, greed, power etc.

autistic people are intellectual rather than instinctual (now proven by FMRI results) and value rule-based environments. they can easily be held as (as i was) a 'very good christian'.

ideas of circumcision (not literal, but the modern theological concept of being 'separate' from the herd) being desirable are purely autistic, as most non-autistic people experience massive motivation to conform.

at face value, a high functioning autitic person with a dependent personality disorder is actually the perfect christian.

Children
No Data