Dating sites

I've been feeling kinda lonely romantically lately a few months after coming out of an abusive relationship and don't really want to/am no good at "dating" the way NT people do it. The solution, naturally, seems to be dating sites. The trouble is, there are thousands of these sites around and I'm having trouble filtering the good ones from the bad ones, and especially finding sites that may be a bit more accommodating to a fairly shy bloke with Aspergers. Has anyone on here got any success stories from dating sites? If so, which site(s) did you use and how long did it take to find lurrrrrve?

Parents
  • How to find a friend?

I think that it is almost impossible to find a friend if one is autistic.

I have looked at the dating websites but they all want to set up my profile. I do not want to publish my photo.

I have also noticed that a lot of people are looking for sex with strangers, which is ridiculous. How can one have sex with someone you just met?

Is it true, that paid websites are useless because no one wants to pay, so there are no people?

• Thank you for saying that nobody or not many people that are on those paid dating sites as I just wish that most or a lot of them were free of charge as like myself would not want to pay for things like that as I am shocked that unfortunately people had to pay even for things like that and also how expensive some of them can be too.

• Thank you for saying that nobody or not many people that are on those paid dating sites as I just wish that most or a lot of them were free of charge as like myself would not want to pay for things like that as I am shocked that unfortunately people had to pay even for things like that and also how expensive some of them can be too.

Children