Fun question from a food obsessive: what is your favourite sandwich filling?

If I did not have Asperger's and the problems I have, I should really have entered market food research. I have always been obsessed (in a good way!) with food, and like to ask people what their favourite sandwich filling is at the moment. I try to contain myself most of the time because I realise this is a random question, and want to appear as normal as possible. But as we are all a bit 'atypical' here, I don't think I need to worry that the question is strange Smile

So what are your favourite sandwich fillings?

What is your favourite brand of bread, and why?

I like cheese and tomato, fish salad, marmite salad, and houmous salad best.

My favourite bread is from the bakery counter at M and S, M and S wholemeal mini sub rolls, Allinson sliced bread, and seeded bread.

Parents
  • I make my own bread using a breadmaker.  That way I know wha t is in it.

About a year ago, I had not any dried milk as part of the ingredients.  Looking round I found a jar of Horlicks and thought I'd give that a try instead.  It worked perfectly, making a perfect loaf, and have used Horlicks ever since.  You can't detect the malt, and I don't put sugar in any more - just two heaped dessert spoons of Horlicks (with the flour, yeast, water and fat of course!).

Now what do I put into the bread.  I make to secret of the fact that I am a very picky eater and will not go anywhere near any smelly food with onions, strong spices, pickles or anything else like that.  What I put on bread is jam (blackcurrant or strawberry), or cheddar cheese and strawberry jam together (try it, it goes together extremely well).  I like a banana sandwich, but it has to be made at the point of eating.  And a chip butty.  Also shreddies and butter on the bread.

So there - perhaps not everyones idea of a perfect butty, but I know what I like!

• I make my own bread using a breadmaker.  That way I know wha t is in it.

About a year ago, I had not any dried milk as part of the ingredients.  Looking round I found a jar of Horlicks and thought I'd give that a try instead.  It worked perfectly, making a perfect loaf, and have used Horlicks ever since.  You can't detect the malt, and I don't put sugar in any more - just two heaped dessert spoons of Horlicks (with the flour, yeast, water and fat of course!).

Now what do I put into the bread.  I make to secret of the fact that I am a very picky eater and will not go anywhere near any smelly food with onions, strong spices, pickles or anything else like that.  What I put on bread is jam (blackcurrant or strawberry), or cheddar cheese and strawberry jam together (try it, it goes together extremely well).  I like a banana sandwich, but it has to be made at the point of eating.  And a chip butty.  Also shreddies and butter on the bread.

So there - perhaps not everyones idea of a perfect butty, but I know what I like!

Children
No Data