The Autistic Cheese Club

This is dedicated to  (ref 'the Autistic Chess Club').

Cheese is my 'raison d'etre'.

Cheese

Anyone else here cheesey?

Parents
  • I adore cheese, cathedral city brand is my all time fav, cheese toasties are elite 

• Marmite toast, baked beans with Lea and Perrins added, and loads of grated super-strong cheddar ...

A chunk of mature cheddar, fresh bread,mixed salad, pickled onions, Branston pickle  and a crunchy apple, together with a pint of rough cider ...

cream cheese and quince jelly on warm scones ...

Cheese and bacon quiche with a salad ...

I'm dribbling on my keyboard ...

How about some cheese tasting notes ?

I like blue cheese like blue Stilton, and extra vintage cheddar. Which reminds me that I need to put in onother order to the cheesemonger.

• Try Shropshire Blue, it's less acidic than Stilton, mellow but with a bite, and Gorwydd Caerphilly, it's a totally different cheese to the crumbly stuff of supermarkets.

Reply Children
  • Stilton can taste acidic, it gets me in the back of the mouth, what would you class as ordinary blue cheese?

I used to get cheese from proper deli's, we don't have them anymore. Just as well that I can no longer eat cheese.

• The supermarket? SHEE-yit! The only thing you can buy at the supermarket is cheddar and Swiss. Real cheese you have to buy mail order, and it's about 1/3 the price if you order a whole wheel, which last months. And Stilton isn't acidic! It's the best cheese in the world but you have to cut its strong taste with some ordinary blue cheese.