Autism diagnosis

I have been a self diagnosed autistic for a good 3-4 years now and have found recently that as an adult I am starting to struggle with things more and my symptoms have intensified. Despite many internal battles, I have completed the AQ-10 and have scheduled an appointment with my doctor this week to ask for a referral. 

I am really worried about this appointment as talking about it myself is something I find very challenging. Does anyone have an advice of how these initial appointments go with your GP? I have no idea what they are going to say and ask. I’m trying really hard to make sure I attend the appointment and try to get the answers I need. I’ve tried in the past and have cancelled as too scared/overwhelmed by the process. 

Parents
  • Write things down. Try to write about your autism traits and experiences in as logical way as possible. If you can, print out a typewritten version. If you find talking about things with your GP becomes too difficult you can always give them the sheet(s).

• Write things down. Try to write about your autism traits and experiences in as logical way as possible. If you can, print out a typewritten version. If you find talking about things with your GP becomes too difficult you can always give them the sheet(s).

Children
No Data