My first Game Jam!

Hi, i made a game in 7 days for a Game Jam on Itch.io playable on desktop ( keyboard ), as somone who has struggled most of my life with things, im really proud how far i've come with game development!

https://zyphullen.itch.io/bubble-blaster-3d-td let me know what you think :)

Parents
  • I like the very retro feel it has with the keyboard turning. And mixing tower defence with mazes seems like it could have potential to be quite a challenging experience. I made it to wave 6 before the bubbles got their victory. Definitely interested to see where you go from here.

• Thank you!, i think i might even make this into a full game! wehere it will be either 7x7 11x11 maps in a labyrinth of maps like the one you played, with doors at each edge, level based! but outside waves upgrades many new types of towers, and the player will have equipment and can attack aswell! will probably take 6 months to 1 year ++ :)

• What I find most engaging about this idea, is the thought of navigating the maze for resources while managing the towers. It seems like it could be a very fun and frantic experience. If I might share a thought, I could see other resources besides money being placed on the map, say for upgrading certain towers, or for developing them down branching paths. I could see there being mini-biomes in the corner regions that could maybe influence different enemy types too.

• What I find most engaging about this idea, is the thought of navigating the maze for resources while managing the towers. It seems like it could be a very fun and frantic experience. If I might share a thought, I could see other resources besides money being placed on the map, say for upgrading certain towers, or for developing them down branching paths. I could see there being mini-biomes in the corner regions that could maybe influence different enemy types too.

Children
  • This seems very well thought out. I look forward to seeing how this game develops.

• This is my current overview of what im planning on doing for a full released game on steam:

Game Title: Timeless Labyrinthine

Story Overview:

A thousand years ago, a powerful mage constructed the Timeless Labyrinthine, an immense and complex maze designed to imprison ancient evils. This labyrinth was built using pure mana, which not only sealed away the dark forces but also infused the labyrinth's towers with magical energy.

For a millennium, the world has been at peace. The labyrinth's power, once mighty, has started to wane, and the seal is cracking. Now, as the only remaining mage and a novice at that, you are the last hope to prevent the resurgence of evil. Your journey through the labyrinth will test your skills, strategic thinking, and determination.

Gameplay Mechanics:

• Basic Tower Placement:

• Initial Abilities: As a novice mage, you start with the ability to place basic towers. These towers are constructed from mana and can be energized to defend against the invading enemies.
      • Tower Types: Include basic towers like archer towers, cannon towers, and magical spires. Each tower type has unique attributes and strengths.
    • Tower Enhancement:

• Energizing Towers: Towers can be energized by channeling your mana. Energized towers gain increased attack power and special abilities.
      • Mana Management: You have a limited amount of mana that regenerates slowly over time, so strategic placement and use of towers are crucial.
      • Crafting Towers: Towers can be crafted using elemental crystals (wind, earth, fire, water, ice, poison), which determine their damage type and special attributes.
    • Map Structure:

• Labyrinth Layout: The game consists of 11x11 maps, each 100x100 blocks in size, arranged in a maze-like pattern.
      • Progression: Each map is connected, and you must clear enemies to advance to the next map.
    • Magic Soul Placement:

• Wave Initiation: To start the enemy waves, you must place your magic soul at the center of each map. The soul activates time, causing enemies to spawn and move towards your position.
      • Time Mechanics: Time in the labyrinth is controlled by your actions. Enemies only move when time is active, allowing you to plan and strategize.
    • Enemy Waves and Keys:

• Enemy Spawns: Each map has a set of waves with increasing difficulty. Defeating enemies will drop keys.
      • Key Mechanics: Keys are needed to unlock doors to the next level. Collecting keys and surviving waves is essential for progression.
    • Traps and Special Features:

• Trap Placement: Include various traps like spike pits, fire traps, and magical barriers to complement your towers.
      • Special Abilities: As you progress, unlock special abilities and powerful towers to help manage the increasing difficulty.
    • Mage Staffs:

• Staff Usage: Players can use mage staffs to attack enemies directly, in addition to managing and placing towers.
      • Staff Crafting: Staffs can be crafted using elemental crystals, similar to towers, allowing for a variety of damage types and effects.
      • Item and Soul Integration: Enemies drop items and souls that can be used outside of wave mechanics, adding depth to gameplay and strategy.

Design Sheet Outline:

• Title & Concept:

• Game Title: Timeless Labyrinthine
      • Concept Summary: A first-person tower defense game set in a magical labyrinth with maze-like progression and strategic tower placement.
    • Gameplay Mechanics:

• Basic and Advanced Tower Abilities
      • Mana Management and Energizing
      • Magic Soul Placement and Time Control
      • Map Structure and Progression
      • Mage Staff Usage and Crafting
      • Item and Soul Integration
    • Map Design:

• 11x11 Maze Maps
      • Enemy Spawn Points and Wave Patterns
    • Story Integration:

• Background and Setting
      • Player’s Role and Objectives
    • Art and Sound:

• Visual Style: Fantasy-themed with intricate details for the labyrinth and magical effects.
      • Sound Design: Enchanting music, ambient sounds, and magical effects.
    • Development and Testing:

• Milestones: Key development stages and testing phases.
      • Optimization: Ensuring smooth gameplay across various hardware.