How DARE you un-diagnose me!

Someone on LinkedIn claimed that I'm not autistic based on a single comment I made in relation to a thread by Pete Wharmby, author of 'Untypical'. Un-diagnosing an autistic person is very irresponsible. By doing it, you're doubting a person who has possibly spent decades not knowing who they are and why they struggle so much in a world not designed for them.

[removed by moderator]

Parents Reply Children
  • I don't know how the wretched emoji popped on - please disregard it, as I could not remove it / delete the post either.  Oh, well!

• Glad to hear you do find some LinkedIn contributors helpful.

I find I need to do quite a lot of observation / my own desk research before I am happy to follow an organisation etc.

I believe it is important to use LinkedIn to the extent it serves you (avoiding becoming drawn into all the guff that can be pushed towards you while you do so).Imp

• There are plenty of autism advocates on LinkedIn who are, thankfully, knowledgeable and compassionate. I never quite know how to use LinkedIn, but it is a place to find good people.

• I am trying to guage how net positive versus net negative LinkedIn seems to be for people these days.

On reflection, would you say you that you have also experienced some people responding via LinkedIn in a good / helpful way sometimes?

Alerting others about those around whom to be wary is community-minded, so thank you. 

However, let's not give the irritating ones all the power to put off the good use of LinkedIn - if there are still other benefits to be gained - without naming the good people: anyone had a good experience too?