How patient are you?

I'd like to think I'm a patient person, but probably I'm not. I'm better if I'm given a fixed date or range of dates by which something will be done. What I don't cope well with is a task I've asked to be done with no idea as to the completion date. This is the situation re  family history research I've asked to be done on 2 of my ancestral lines. Research was started on one 41 days ago and the other 102 days ago. The situation is made worse by a lack of progress reports, so I have no idea as to when I might  receive the completed reports. Maybe it's not a long time to wait??

Parents
  • What I don't cope well with is a task I've asked to be done with no idea as to the completion date

I get this, but when it comes to someone doing a task that they are not being paid to do (ie there is a contract that lays out expectations) then I learned to accept that it may just never get done.

What happens if that person dies before it gets done? Best to have a plan B if it is important to you or be prepared to write it off if it isn't.

I have geological levels of patience for most things these days where there are no contracts involved and will go after them hammer and tongs if there is a contract - a case of choosing your battles.

• It involves quite a hefty lump sum, but not to the extent that I've put myself in debt. I still have 4 figure savings. When these are done  that will be it this year   re paying a professional to do research for me.

• It involves quite a hefty lump sum, but not to the extent that I've put myself in debt. I still have 4 figure savings. When these are done  that will be it this year   re paying a professional to do research for me.

Children
No Data