Are you all supremely confident that you're intelligent

Or are you like me? Expecting at any moment to be outed as an intellectual fraud. It's an area of high,possibly pathological,insecurity for me. I think it connects to the bullying related trauma. Being treated as a lesser person by my school age contemporaries, especially as a teenager.

Parents
  • We have to seriously ask ourselves, what do other people think of us and what is their opinions of us? The opinions of other people is the only thing that matters, in the infinite wisdom of everyone else - we also have to ask ourselves, what will a certain course of action lead to? For those of us with autism, hard though it is, because their mindsets and opinions of us will never change, we have to accept and obey their opinion that we do not understand that we are wrong in every situation and circumstance by default and by reason of our autism - bullies always win and are always rewarded for thier bullying behaviour in my own lived experience, because this is simply the reality of the world around us and the more things change, the more things stay the same, it is what is is - a lifetime of bullying has taught me these harsh lessons of reality because at the end of the day, we do not have a leg to stand on, in their world - much of this has been enabled by the democratic process and by democracy itself, which I’ve come to realise and accept that we would have more real and tangible freedoms under a dictatorship, autocracy, absolute rulership, martinet rule etc - within such a system, we would have clearly and much more honest and transparent boundaries and within that framework, compared to a democratic system, we would have far more leverage and freedom to live our lives how we want without restriction 

• I agree with firemonkey - I can't see how this isn't just a fantasy benevolent dictatorship, which never ever existed. A right wing dictatorship would see autistics as undesirables to weed out after the immigrants and physically disabled. A left wing dictatorship would probably weed out any intellectuals and people with a strong sense of justice. Either way we're doomed. The only dictatorship that would work for you is one set up by yourself and then I bet even some of us on this board would start to p i s s you off sooner or later...

• I agree with Mark and Firemonkey about IIM' dictatorship ideas.

Why do we have to care what others think of us and why is the opinion of others the only thing that matters? For the most part I fon't give a flying F*** what others think about me, as long as I know I've acted honourably, honestly and have not been deliberately cruel why should I mould my behaviour to what others want?

I lookd at some of the reaction time tests that people seem to have been doing, my reaction times depend on whether I see something as a threat. I have PTSD and find that if I see something speeding towards me I react and avoid it, or catch it, with what seems to others to be an almost magical speed. Other things I don't react to and doing task like pressing buttons I'm really slow at.

• I wasn't calling for the unvacinated to be put in camps, so don't tar me with that brush please.

I'm never sure with you, when you're being serious or not.

I'm alll for contrarian opinions and I'm glad you find many of my points cogent. I still stand by what I said in my previous post.

• I wasn't calling for the unvacinated to be put in camps, so don't tar me with that brush please.

I'm never sure with you, when you're being serious or not.

I'm alll for contrarian opinions and I'm glad you find many of my points cogent. I still stand by what I said in my previous post.

Children
No Data