Are you all supremely confident that you're intelligent

Or are you like me? Expecting at any moment to be outed as an intellectual fraud. It's an area of high,possibly pathological,insecurity for me. I think it connects to the bullying related trauma. Being treated as a lesser person by my school age contemporaries, especially as a teenager.

Parents
  • We have to seriously ask ourselves, what do other people think of us and what is their opinions of us? The opinions of other people is the only thing that matters, in the infinite wisdom of everyone else - we also have to ask ourselves, what will a certain course of action lead to? For those of us with autism, hard though it is, because their mindsets and opinions of us will never change, we have to accept and obey their opinion that we do not understand that we are wrong in every situation and circumstance by default and by reason of our autism - bullies always win and are always rewarded for thier bullying behaviour in my own lived experience, because this is simply the reality of the world around us and the more things change, the more things stay the same, it is what is is - a lifetime of bullying has taught me these harsh lessons of reality because at the end of the day, we do not have a leg to stand on, in their world - much of this has been enabled by the democratic process and by democracy itself, which I’ve come to realise and accept that we would have more real and tangible freedoms under a dictatorship, autocracy, absolute rulership, martinet rule etc - within such a system, we would have clearly and much more honest and transparent boundaries and within that framework, compared to a democratic system, we would have far more leverage and freedom to live our lives how we want without restriction 

• I agree with firemonkey - I can't see how this isn't just a fantasy benevolent dictatorship, which never ever existed. A right wing dictatorship would see autistics as undesirables to weed out after the immigrants and physically disabled. A left wing dictatorship would probably weed out any intellectuals and people with a strong sense of justice. Either way we're doomed. The only dictatorship that would work for you is one set up by yourself and then I bet even some of us on this board would start to p i s s you off sooner or later...

• I agree with firemonkey - I can't see how this isn't just a fantasy benevolent dictatorship, which never ever existed. A right wing dictatorship would see autistics as undesirables to weed out after the immigrants and physically disabled. A left wing dictatorship would probably weed out any intellectuals and people with a strong sense of justice. Either way we're doomed. The only dictatorship that would work for you is one set up by yourself and then I bet even some of us on this board would start to p i s s you off sooner or later...

Children
  • I wasn't calling for the unvacinated to be put in camps, so don't tar me with that brush please.

I'm never sure with you, when you're being serious or not.

I'm alll for contrarian opinions and I'm glad you find many of my points cogent. I still stand by what I said in my previous post.

• Either way, on whichever side, a dictatorship is definitely coming in the next few years and is unavoidable, regardless of what type or kind of dictatorship this is - in reality, in order to achieve this, where all of us are merely observers, it all comes down to who has the greatest Milltary firepower, as the victors write the history books, as we have seen throughout history and down the centuries - in our times, we are facing far greater enemies hell-bent on our total destruction than we have ever faced at any previous point in recorded history and starting with the actual babies of today, future generations will have to face far tougher times than we will once they reach adulthood, long after our generation are gone - many advances in science and technology (that I had foolishly embraced in my teens in the 1980’s) have now become utterly terrifying, well beyond AI and quantum computing, such as expansions of the test tube babies and designer babies, egg/sperm banks (and artificial versions of these), artificial wombs, DNA editing, transhumanism and other ways to bring about the end of human life prematurely, things that I am totally opposed to and which I regard as Satanism dressed up as science and/or “progress” - examples of these already exist in CCP China and North Korea and are coming to the West very soon 

• Either way, going forward, I see us all, not just those of us with autism, going into a dictatorship in the next few years, either leftist or otherwise, which side and what kind of dictatorship remains to be seen - the divisions and polarisation of opinions on all sorts of issues has already started since Covid and balkanisation can be the only outcome of this 

• No I'm not. I do present a contrarian opinion sometimes.

Take your own output, sometmes I agree with what you say, it is very cogent and worked out, sometimes what you write seems to come from a place I can't understand. Same with IIM and some other posters. 

I've tried to commit to single causes or points of view, in my youth but apart from the Christiannity which is pretty consistent in it's messaging, and essential harmlessness even when led by evil people (which does seem to happen, the popes don't have a particualrly good history) I find they all go just so far before someone is shouting "Kill the unbelievers" or some variation on that old trope, and it all goes a bit Pete Tong..

Hell, a few years ago the vast majority of YOU were getting behind the idea of shipping People Like ME off to "special camps for the unvaccinated"! 

I have not forgotten how scared and alone I felt then. Nor have I forgotten where the danger came from.  

The rest of you talk about how the camps only happen in dictatorships, yet Australia actually set them up and started filling them before the madness wore off...

Omnichron variant literally saved me from having to rebel kinetically, (because once they have you in a "camp" your goose is well and truly cooked).

OF course during this period of medical dictatorship (what else was it really?) my UNVACCINATED non-mask wearing self found myself working for the Cabinet Office directly, and travelling unrestrictedly living briefly like one of your masters and not like a plebe. They briefly needed my encyclopedic knowledge of hardware, recognition and sorting skills, plus the abilty to "not notice" corruption.

Autism came though for me, back then! 

No, I'm not having a giraffe, I am like many, many other people, trying very hard to reduce the amount of delusion and outright lies that permeate this, the "post truth" society. 

• One of the good things about living where I do, is we have a low crime rate, I have good neighbours and we look out for each other, most thugs will back away from an octogenarian with a garden fork held like a bayonet!  Homeland security is quite well organisised here too!

The thing is we dont' live in a dictatorship, as much as some people might like us too, I would be locked up or killed, because I'd be opposing them right from the start.

Are you havng a giraffe buy the way?

• For the most part I fon't give a flying F*** what others think about me, as long as I know I've acted honourably, honestly and have not been deliberately cruel why should I mould my behaviour to what others want?

Because if you don't; care what they think about you, they let your tyres down, scratch your car, call the council to complain about you, call the police to complain about you, burgle your house, ANYTHING BUT EFFING LEAVE YOU IN PEACE TO GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.

And IIM is correct, if you lived in a dictatoship like Libya or Iraq.and avoided coming to the attention of the dictator life could indeed be very good for a while, until your dictator either goes bonkers and starts a war or the west comes to "bomb you back to the stone age" under the guise of imposing democracy...

• I agree with Mark and Firemonkey about IIM' dictatorship ideas.

Why do we have to care what others think of us and why is the opinion of others the only thing that matters? For the most part I fon't give a flying F*** what others think about me, as long as I know I've acted honourably, honestly and have not been deliberately cruel why should I mould my behaviour to what others want?

I lookd at some of the reaction time tests that people seem to have been doing, my reaction times depend on whether I see something as a threat. I have PTSD and find that if I see something speeding towards me I react and avoid it, or catch it, with what seems to others to be an almost magical speed. Other things I don't react to and doing task like pressing buttons I'm really slow at.