Why are some people so horrible?

I saw in my city news letter today that a man had been jailed after torturing his dog.

Like why? What the hell would possess someone to do that?

A few years ago my sister was injured in a terrorist attack when she went to see that Ariana Grande concert.

I don't know why people are so evil. Whenever I see the news it's always depressing. I'm sure there's more good people in the world than bad but it's easy to forget that. 

Parents
  • I watched something disturbing on youtube which I can't describe on here due to the rules but basically a father hurt his daughter for having a toilet accident so badly that she didn't survive.  He eventually was caught up with and jailed for life but the things he did and what he did after make me feel sick.  I unfortunately have this urge to try to understand WHY this can happen and what you described too.  I do know from research that many individuals have no empathy or feelings so do acts like this as a way to try to get feelings.  There was something I read that I don't remember what it's called where people were experimented on to see if they would develop into abusive but it was all stopped due to ethical reasons.  I can't detail again what it was due to the forum rules.  It was sickening and upsetting - I don't know why I am so drawn to trying to work this one out...... :-/

• Stuff like this just makes me want to screeeeaaaammm. I can't have children and have been grieving that fact a LOT in recent years (it really is proper grief) . Stories of people mistreating their own children bring it home how unfair the universe can be.

On the plus side, when seeing the discussion about the Stanford Experiments here, I was reminded of the fact that autistic people are MORE likely than NT people to speak up about injustices to other people (Sadly less likely to speak up about injustice to themselves.) I like to think that a lot of us would have actually done well in the Stanford Experiment if we were jailers.

www.psychologytoday.com/.../are-autistic-people-more-likely-to-speak-up-at-work

• Stuff like this just makes me want to screeeeaaaammm. I can't have children and have been grieving that fact a LOT in recent years (it really is proper grief) . Stories of people mistreating their own children bring it home how unfair the universe can be.

On the plus side, when seeing the discussion about the Stanford Experiments here, I was reminded of the fact that autistic people are MORE likely than NT people to speak up about injustices to other people (Sadly less likely to speak up about injustice to themselves.) I like to think that a lot of us would have actually done well in the Stanford Experiment if we were jailers.

www.psychologytoday.com/.../are-autistic-people-more-likely-to-speak-up-at-work

Children
No Data