Not finishing things

I never finish anything. 

Lol it's literally like it sounds. I start things and then I just abandon it. I started learning the guitar, stopped after a day. I write, either just for fun or working on a book or assignments...then I just stop.

I think I lose interest or mmaybe it's anxiety that it won't be any good? Anxiety that I'll fail?

Then just now I started making a sandwich and drink and stopped midway through no longer feeling interested in it. This causes me issues at times with self neglect because I don't eat and drink enough... and my school stuff goes unfinished.

Just curious really as to why I'm like this and if anyone else about this site can relate to it. I tell my family and they just stare at me. 

If it's something you do to let me know, would be nice if it's not just a me thing!BlushBlush

Parents
  • I finished "a thing."

That "thing" has utterly absorbed all mental attention and useable hours, to the exclusion of ALL other matters in my life, for the last 6 weeks.

That "thing" has demanded painful sacrifice from me, to get it finished.

This is the nature of "how" I get a "thing" finished - ie utter absorption, pain, suffering and sacrifice!

As you might imagine, I can, (on many occasions) be reluctant to "start" a "thing"....because I know just how hard it will probably be to finish!

Woe is me & exhausted is me & TFFT that I've FINISHED!

[Exhausted fist-bump emoji + wrung-out sponge emoji]

• Sounds exhausting for you Number. But! You can be proud of yourself for seeing it through to the end. Hopefully that makes it feel more worthwhile and boosts your confidence. Generally if a task takes a long time I'll probably not finish it. If it's too hard or takes too long I'll lose interest and just stop. Think I've got a short attention span most of the time.

But hey, you did it! Well done! Real happy for you. Slight smile

Sorry it exhausted you. I hope you can find the time to rest up and relax now. 
  • Sounds exhausting for you Number. But! You can be proud of yourself for seeing it through to the end. Hopefully that makes it feel more worthwhile and boosts your confidence. Generally if a task takes a long time I'll probably not finish it. If it's too hard or takes too long I'll lose interest and just stop. Think I've got a short attention span most of the time.

But hey, you did it! Well done! Real happy for you. Slight smile

Sorry it exhausted you. I hope you can find the time to rest up and relax now. 
Children
No Data