Abusive Relationship

Hello

I'm really struggling with PTSD, burn out, depression, severe fatigue after being in an abusive relationship. It's hard healing because I am very isolated and I didn't see the signs so people I was speaking to thought I was alright. Most therapists dont understand autism and complex trauma. I haven't been able to find communities online

I'm not able to make much sense but wanted to know if there is anyone that has navigated this and would you be willing to share your experience?

Parents
  • I grew up with abuse, but it was normalized, it was the default of the family, an it was not seen as abuse. I only know was abuse, because in examples between dysfunctional families and healthy families, I resonate with the dysfunctional families, while I didn't believe that the healthy family was being real, almost like they're too nice to the point of being fraudulent. Of course, I've developed healthier relationships since then, but that's just how I thought when I was younger.

But my main point is that if this type of dysfunctional environment was normal to you somehow, then you might not pick up on "the signs" that other people might take notice of. Also, love has a way of blinding people, and you might excuse your partner's bad behavior because you still think highly of them. Taking some time to recover, will help you gain perspective about your circumstances. 

• I grew up with abuse, but it was normalized, it was the default of the family, an it was not seen as abuse. I only know was abuse, because in examples between dysfunctional families and healthy families, I resonate with the dysfunctional families, while I didn't believe that the healthy family was being real, almost like they're too nice to the point of being fraudulent. Of course, I've developed healthier relationships since then, but that's just how I thought when I was younger.

But my main point is that if this type of dysfunctional environment was normal to you somehow, then you might not pick up on "the signs" that other people might take notice of. Also, love has a way of blinding people, and you might excuse your partner's bad behavior because you still think highly of them. Taking some time to recover, will help you gain perspective about your circumstances. 

Children
No Data