My partner with autism

I’m not 100% sure what to do. My partner has autism and he’s gone on holiday with his friend. Who’s a male! Although there still has been some communicate I’m really struggling. He completely stopped telling me he loves me. Which is something he dose all the time. He’s telling me when he gets a chance he’ll video call and he hasn’t. Then he’s telling me all about these romantic walks with his friend and conversations by the river. I could really use some advice as I’m struggling with this. I’m trying my hardest not to overthink it but it’s getting really difficult! Can I have some advice please? 

Parents
  • All kinds of questions here. How long have you been together. Are you married? Does this partner know you are struggling - do you have an honest relationship where you can share your vulnerabilities and what helps you trust or what feels like trust is being severed. 

I'm not sure on the sex of everyone in question - it appears to matter, though. If I was with someone for a few years and this happened, I might let them know that this isn't how I expect to be treated, that I expect a little better unless it's an attempt to use actions (no follow through, silence) as a way of communicating something and if they could please just be direct with their intentions so I'm not left wondering and making assumptions. 

• All kinds of questions here. How long have you been together. Are you married? Does this partner know you are struggling - do you have an honest relationship where you can share your vulnerabilities and what helps you trust or what feels like trust is being severed. 

I'm not sure on the sex of everyone in question - it appears to matter, though. If I was with someone for a few years and this happened, I might let them know that this isn't how I expect to be treated, that I expect a little better unless it's an attempt to use actions (no follow through, silence) as a way of communicating something and if they could please just be direct with their intentions so I'm not left wondering and making assumptions. 

Children
No Data