What happens when an ASD man tries dating a NT woman

LOL, it was literally this the first time I tried dating.

Parents
  • So it looks like no ASD man has ever tried to date me. I would listen to him and have discussions. Unfortunately I was always told how I don’t look after myself (no tan, no make up, no jewellery) and it p***d me off. 

• There does seem to be a need for an ASD dating site...

If I did it it'd be called "bagasperg.com" and be very poorly attended, so perhaps I'll leav that task for someone else, more sensitive, to accomplish...

• There is a dating site for autistic people called ‘hiki’ and it’s garbage. You’re better with a mainstream dating site or just not bothering at all. A lot of people on dating sites are scams or are there to gain something from you. 

• I did internet dating once in 2002, and thought it was a great idea, but the internet wasn't quite so treacherous then. 

Any site that demanded enough I.D. to screen out the non-genuine participants would screen me out too, by being too difficult and demanding to join..

Should an Autistic dating site have clear instructions on "how to date" or "how to treat people, nicey"? 

Many of us are a little damaged, or deranged, or simply ignorant, (I can manage all three on a bad day) so should the Autistic dating experince be more "managed" than the regular dating experience?  

We do need something. Well, you lot do, I seem to be "sorted" that way at last... 

Certainly, I liked the fact that instead of being confronted by random strangers with mostly NT agendas the VERY FACT that they were on a dating site, meant at least that understanding seemd to be implicit. I also liked the fact that I could sort through the profiles and get an idea what the person was all about, before reaching out.

Setiing up such a thing unfortunately incurs costs, and the more you seek to control issues like data security, personal safety etc. The more funding is required, and a lot of THIS target group, I hazard, are not very well off. 

Difficult. But not impossible.

You need a domain name, (which I have provided, fro consideration! :c) tthen an IP redirect service, using dynamic DNS to point to your server.

You want the hardware doohickey that sends regular packets and makes sure that the dynamic DNS is pointing to your server at all times. (People only click once). So now you have your sever connected to the internet with a decent upload speed, you need both a decent firewall and an administraor for it, and then the actual dating database software and front end portal, both of which require periodic or regular administration. so that's three jobs created already, and we haven't even got to the "personal safety officer". 

To pay for all this, people charge a membership fee, but our dilemma is that we have a relatively small cohort to begin with, so we want them ALL to register, so the barriers to entry, (already huge, 'cos, Autism!) like membership fees need to be as close to zero as can be managed Paid "Affiliation" with internet search enegines etc. will only bring unhelpful swarms of NT attention, so advert revenue will be practically non existent. 

Maybe "impossible" is closer to reality, on this one... 

• I did internet dating once in 2002, and thought it was a great idea, but the internet wasn't quite so treacherous then. 

Any site that demanded enough I.D. to screen out the non-genuine participants would screen me out too, by being too difficult and demanding to join..

Should an Autistic dating site have clear instructions on "how to date" or "how to treat people, nicey"? 

Many of us are a little damaged, or deranged, or simply ignorant, (I can manage all three on a bad day) so should the Autistic dating experince be more "managed" than the regular dating experience?  

We do need something. Well, you lot do, I seem to be "sorted" that way at last... 

Certainly, I liked the fact that instead of being confronted by random strangers with mostly NT agendas the VERY FACT that they were on a dating site, meant at least that understanding seemd to be implicit. I also liked the fact that I could sort through the profiles and get an idea what the person was all about, before reaching out.

Setiing up such a thing unfortunately incurs costs, and the more you seek to control issues like data security, personal safety etc. The more funding is required, and a lot of THIS target group, I hazard, are not very well off. 

Difficult. But not impossible.

You need a domain name, (which I have provided, fro consideration! :c) tthen an IP redirect service, using dynamic DNS to point to your server.

You want the hardware doohickey that sends regular packets and makes sure that the dynamic DNS is pointing to your server at all times. (People only click once). So now you have your sever connected to the internet with a decent upload speed, you need both a decent firewall and an administraor for it, and then the actual dating database software and front end portal, both of which require periodic or regular administration. so that's three jobs created already, and we haven't even got to the "personal safety officer". 

To pay for all this, people charge a membership fee, but our dilemma is that we have a relatively small cohort to begin with, so we want them ALL to register, so the barriers to entry, (already huge, 'cos, Autism!) like membership fees need to be as close to zero as can be managed Paid "Affiliation" with internet search enegines etc. will only bring unhelpful swarms of NT attention, so advert revenue will be practically non existent. 

Maybe "impossible" is closer to reality, on this one... 

Children
No Data