What happens when an ASD man tries dating a NT woman

LOL, it was literally this the first time I tried dating.

Parents Reply Children
  • I actually remember one colleague from college who might have been interested… as I recall I would say he was most probably autistic. I helped him with questions he had, but I felt there was something more. But unfortunately I was so blind, I realized that only after graduation. He has never asked me for a date but somehow tried to be always close, I even cought him few times staring at me and thought for myself that if he approached me to talk I would love to. But I was too shy or maybe worried of being rejected. He was maybe too. Later I regretted the lost possibility of connection doesn’t matter if it would be friendship or something more… he was handsome. Only I found him handsome and interesting, all the other females agreed that he was weird. But my taste regarding to men was always different from my female peers. I always liked someone whom they found ugly or weird. And in relationships I hate being treated like an object, who must conform, who must look and behave certain way. 

• I would date an autistic girl for sure.

Been there, done that, regretted it. Believe me, you do not want to.