This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is this "White Supremacy" I keep hearing about?

This term gets bandied about quite a lot these days, and it seems to mean different things to different people.

So what is it?

Is it real, or just a psychological tool being used to marginalise and confuse white people in their own country as some alledge?

I'm white, and I can tell you people quite sincerely I don't feel "supreme" in any way. 

I will admit I did fake it once, when I got stranded in Dharan International Airport, and the only viable solution to my serious problem not of my making, was to make it someone else's problem... 

Seriously, All I needed to do was strike a folded arms pose in the empty concourse, wear a stern expression and tap my foot pointedly for about ten minutes and a guy ran up to help me!

I tried to act like a traveller in a 1950's film and it worked like gangbusters.

I didn't actually SAY "now look here, my man" but I did rather complain, and ask for a representatvie of British Airways to be summoned, on the basis that it was B.A. who had stranded me at midnight, in Dharan, at the start of one their bigger religious bank holidays whilst I am supposed to have been delivered to Rhyad!

The B.A. representative (who'd clearly been woken up!) got me a connecting fllght and a trip to a hotel for a wash and a nap before being returned to find that my connecting flight was cancelled.... Literally a melee broke out amongst my fellow travellers and in amongst the shouting I heard someone say the magic word "Taxi"... 

Still playing the part of a 1950's english traveller I grabbed the nearest two shouting people and said "You need to go to Rhyad, I need to go to Rhyad, CAN WE GET A TAXI??" 

Long story short, 450 kilcks to Rhyad in a monstrously large cheverolet after haggling (The others were going pay the asked rate, I lived in Brimingham at the time amongst middle eastern people, so I haggled, didn't know any better) cost me 40$ U.S....

I blame all those 1950's films. I really do. T.V. and FIlm is literally "programming". Good thing the people at the airprort must have watched some of the same films I did...  

I was so out of my depth. Outside Rhyad international airprot where my taxi had dropped me, (as I did not actually HAVE a final destination, the company was supposed to have picked me up at the airport some 8 hours previously, and none of the mobile numbers given were working fro me, so once I was in place at the airprort I had to get my O/H back in the U.K. to let em know I needed picking up). A sheikh looking dude was beating a smaller man with the obviously heavy and substantial black headband of his headgear...

In Dharan I'd got used to people stopping and literally falling to the fall and praying on the hour every hour.

And I'd learned that people will do a LOT for a few dollars U$ (me included).just like over here..

When chaos erupted around me as the flights were cancelled, and people were shouting at each other, my instinct was to organise a co-operative solution of like minded people with the same objective in order to achieve my own goal.

Is that "white supremacy"?

I don't know, I was too busy trying to get to my destination and adapt to the unfamiliar environment in whch I found myself, and solve the real problems I encountered, to be worried about the colour of my co-travellers. 

Seriously, what is this white supremacy they keep talking about? Is it a nickname for cocaine perhaps?

And where can I get some? ;c)

• Reminder of Rule 5: 

Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; please be aware that individuals may give opinions which are not shared by other members. Insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.   

• Yes because he doesn't EITHER. Do you have READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS? or just CHERRY PICK TO WASTE PEOPLES TIME?

Take your offensive shouting elsewhere. 

This thread was engineered for trouble and you are being the O'P's puppet.

• Yes because he doesn't EITHER. Do you have READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS? or just CHERRY PICK TO WASTE PEOPLES TIME?

• in a country you don't even live in!!

This is a UK based charity...

• It's not disingenuous. I am being attacked when I track Atlantic hurricanes for a living by people on this site who want to rewrite history.

I Sperg isn't the problem. The people who want to deny reality are.

• I don’t know about white supremacy. I have always just felt the same as everyone else. I don’t feel better than anyone else. I came from a childhood of poverty and discrimination because of my disability. We are all equally affected by autism. We should be uniting under the one banner not fighting each other. We are all affected by autism black or white. We should all focus on what makes us similar. Autism.

• Whilst I might agree with your perspective Kefka, we are under a site rule to "play nice" here.

Anyone who listens to the gentle words of Barbra Lerner Specter can hear and understand the changes that are being required of us white and european people.

It is easy to feel like a victim, whatever demographic we live in.

Good quality rebuke though....

• Well done. 

This unnecessary thread is causing the trouble you bargained for and long term members of this community are being insulted.

The whole question is disingenuous.

You know the history as well as the rest of us along with the present reality. 

Be proud Disappointed relieved

• I'm so tired of people like you. Look up the word SLAVE. It comes from SLAVIC or WHITE PEOPLE!

Africans sold AFRICANS to WHITES! Before they were slaves, WHITES were slave hence the word SLAVE... I.e SLAVIC!!  Read history book. Everyone was a slave from every ethnicity the difference is Africans captured and sold their own while you refuse to admit REALITY.

Welcome to the new age. Woke crap is dying with you because the REST OF US live in something called REALITY.

BTW as I stated the #1 group committing suicide is from A>D White>Male>Autistic>Christian.

You want some stats on that too because you haven't answered sh!t yet but you keep talking. By all means bury yourself further for anyone viewing this because I as a WHITE>MALE>AUTISTIC have HAD just about ENOUGH of the BS people like you spew without facts or logic.

• Back in the days of segregation and KKK lynchings, hell, even back at the times of legalised slavery there were some white people who were poor, miserable and abused. That doesn't mean that racism or white supremacy didn't exist and the same is true now. 

If you want to stick to places I do live, there are many white people who face issues like violence and poverty in my city. They are still less likely to have those issues than non-white people. It is a fact that I am less likely to be searched, assaulted or killed by a police officer because my skin is white.

We have both had leaders in the very recent past who encourage pitting one group against the other for their own benefit. They tell you that our problems are caused by that other group, but they're lying and all the border walls and flights to Rwanda won't make a difference while people like them have the power. 

• Since you want to down-vote(not that I care personally) perhaps do what civilized people did before the internet and make your case and I'll make mine.

41yo white American male with 40+ suicide attempts(I guess I'm bad at what I do aside from being a horticulturalist, meteorologist and stock broker) dead twice over and multiple attempts because you know, white privilege!

I'd LOVE to hear your explanation as to why I am the perp and everyone not of my color is the victim in a country you don't even live in!!!

• Like Peter Ustinov tried to do, when answering a question for US immigration. I assert that I am not white, but yellowish-pink in skin colour. 'Yellowish-pink supremacy'!, there's a thought. Ustinov had eventually to admit that he was 'white' in order to enter the US. However, by the then current American 'one-drop rule', which asserted that any person with even one black ancestor was considered to be black, Ustinov was actually 'black'. This is because one of his gt, grandmothers was an Ethiopian princess. The whole concept of racial superiority is both repugnant and dangerous, wherever it raises its ugly head.

• I feel like this is possibly a new low for this place.