This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is this "White Supremacy" I keep hearing about?

This term gets bandied about quite a lot these days, and it seems to mean different things to different people.

So what is it?

Is it real, or just a psychological tool being used to marginalise and confuse white people in their own country as some alledge?

I'm white, and I can tell you people quite sincerely I don't feel "supreme" in any way. 

I will admit I did fake it once, when I got stranded in Dharan International Airport, and the only viable solution to my serious problem not of my making, was to make it someone else's problem... 

Seriously, All I needed to do was strike a folded arms pose in the empty concourse, wear a stern expression and tap my foot pointedly for about ten minutes and a guy ran up to help me!

I tried to act like a traveller in a 1950's film and it worked like gangbusters.

I didn't actually SAY "now look here, my man" but I did rather complain, and ask for a representatvie of British Airways to be summoned, on the basis that it was B.A. who had stranded me at midnight, in Dharan, at the start of one their bigger religious bank holidays whilst I am supposed to have been delivered to Rhyad!

The B.A. representative (who'd clearly been woken up!) got me a connecting fllght and a trip to a hotel for a wash and a nap before being returned to find that my connecting flight was cancelled.... Literally a melee broke out amongst my fellow travellers and in amongst the shouting I heard someone say the magic word "Taxi"... 

Still playing the part of a 1950's english traveller I grabbed the nearest two shouting people and said "You need to go to Rhyad, I need to go to Rhyad, CAN WE GET A TAXI??" 

Long story short, 450 kilcks to Rhyad in a monstrously large cheverolet after haggling (The others were going pay the asked rate, I lived in Brimingham at the time amongst middle eastern people, so I haggled, didn't know any better) cost me 40$ U.S....

I blame all those 1950's films. I really do. T.V. and FIlm is literally "programming". Good thing the people at the airprort must have watched some of the same films I did...  

I was so out of my depth. Outside Rhyad international airprot where my taxi had dropped me, (as I did not actually HAVE a final destination, the company was supposed to have picked me up at the airport some 8 hours previously, and none of the mobile numbers given were working fro me, so once I was in place at the airprort I had to get my O/H back in the U.K. to let em know I needed picking up). A sheikh looking dude was beating a smaller man with the obviously heavy and substantial black headband of his headgear...

In Dharan I'd got used to people stopping and literally falling to the fall and praying on the hour every hour.

And I'd learned that people will do a LOT for a few dollars U$ (me included).just like over here..

When chaos erupted around me as the flights were cancelled, and people were shouting at each other, my instinct was to organise a co-operative solution of like minded people with the same objective in order to achieve my own goal.

Is that "white supremacy"?

I don't know, I was too busy trying to get to my destination and adapt to the unfamiliar environment in whch I found myself, and solve the real problems I encountered, to be worried about the colour of my co-travellers. 

Seriously, what is this white supremacy they keep talking about? Is it a nickname for cocaine perhaps?

And where can I get some? ;c)

• The fake folding the arms thing and body language is very relatable. I really had to really study body language growing up, and although I'm still not perfect at at, my way of speaking and body language mimics tv shows a lot. But I don't think that the way you used your body language at the air port is white supremacy. I think that if you treated people worse if they were not white, would be a white supremacist type of thing to do. 

• But it's high time this stupid canard of "White Supremcacy" (IAnd I didn't bring it up) was exposed for the flithy slur that it is.
    White supremacy is the belief that white people are inherently superior to other races.
    Is it real, or just a psychological tool being used to marginalise and confuse white people in their own country

Were you actually talking about white privilege ISperg?

White privilege is the belief that, although white people can be poor and disadvantaged, those who are black and from ethnic groups are far more likely to be stopped and / or arrested by the police, therefore even poor white people have an advantage over them. I think that this is what is being debated here.

Thank you for that clarification Pixiefox.

• Women are generally scared of being r*ped, and allowing anyone to self-identify as a woman is a concern. Predators will take advantage of this situation. It's not that all transpeople are predators, but there's no safeguards for women set in place to protect them.

Not all forms of discrimination are equal to each other. To discriminate against today's white people, for what the white people in the past have done, is wrong. Judging someone based on the color of their skin, is wrong. That's discrimination. And there were white people in the past who have helped black people escape slavery in the US. They helped black people escape to Canada, where they were free from slavery. So why hate on all white people? Also, white people didn't invent slavery. Africans enslaved other africans, and sold people off to other countries. 

To lump everyone into one category, and then hate on them all collectively, has created suffering in history time and time again. 

• Hey guys, let's take out the emotion from this for a while and try to establish facts.

White supremacy is the belief that white people are inherently superior to other races. Confusingly, this generally includes Jewish people (?) You probably know what groups have had this idea during the history of our world, particularly during WW2, but I believe that thankfully most people at this point in time would not think this way. I'm certain nobody on this forum does.

White privilege is the belief that, although white people can be poor and disadvantaged, those who are black and from ethnic groups are far more likely to be stopped and / or arrested by the police, therefore even poor white people have an advantage over them. I think that this is what is being debated here.

I found some figures that show that it is true that in 2022 in UK, people were more likely to be stopped and searched if they were black or ethnic minority, than if they were white. However, this is one measure of "advantage". Research in educational achievement by race and class in the UK shows that poor white pupils do less well at school and are less likely to think about going to university than poor black and ethnic minority pupils. Both of these facts impact the lives of those who are disadvantaged, whatever their race or skin colour. 

Is the police force inherently racist? Are teaching staff subconsciously giving more attention to poor black or ethnic minority pupils to avoid being seen as racist? I don't know, but I do know that the government should be doing something to change it. Individuals should not be blamed en masse for an idea held by a minority.

There is also "white guilt" which is the idea that because rich white people bought black slaves from ( black) slave traders, current generations of white people should feel bad about it. Obviously slavery is abhorrent but white people have been slaves too, and Jewish people - who are white - have had an awful history of treatment by others. While it is important to support the belief that everyone should be treated equally, nobody should be blamed for something that happened before they were born, just because they have the same skin colour as the (now dead) people who abused others.

We just need to all treat each other with respect.

• I tend to not differentiate between different forms of discrimination, to me they are all equal and all are the same thing with the only difference being the minority group that is being targeted. To try to explain this best and simply to me a racist is no better than someone who’s homophobic as both are just hating on someone over something that they were born as and is different from what is considered “normal”. Many other cultures had different beliefs and didn’t originally think like that, like the indigenous people for example, they didn’t have homophobia or transphobia or racism, where did that come from? We don’t know much about how these cultures dealt with mental or physical disabilities though I would assume with physical disabilities they were kind to these people and helped them out. I could be wrong and Indigenous people didn’t help out disabled people but it doesn’t seem like pretty obvious where a lot of the discrimination we see today stems from.

• It depends how your brain is wired.

Some people speak for themsleves, some people regurgitate empty and miseading phrases like "white supremacy".  

• I would suggest you take Debbie’s advice here:

Take your offensive shouting elsewhere. 

This thread was engineered for trouble and you are being the O'P's puppet.

• Oh you mean how idiots cherry pick one half of a sentence because they don't understand that FACTS matter more than emotional outbursts? Good for you!

You didn’t state any facts, you made excuses to justify things that are wrong. Like taxation without representation. You do know that the thirteen original colonies got aid and military protection when they were territories of the United Kingdom right? You can’t expect someone to listen to you when your rhetoric is not based in form of facts and just justification for something that is suppose to be wrong but based on your excuses is only wrong when it is done to a specific group of people, in the case of the colonies it was wrong when it was being done to white people as we all know back in the 1700s but yes, it’s okay to do to brown skin people. Keep making the excuses dude and resorting to insults. You’re only making yourself look bad, not me.

• Thank you for taking the time to think rationally and look into things.

And also thanks for making an honest attempt to answer the question.

• Oh you mean how idiots cherry pick one half of a sentence because they don't understand that FACTS matter more than emotional outbursts? Good for you!

• All of you continue to circle jerk your idiocracy however. The truth never stopped an idiot from repeating what made them feel food.

Do any of the people here read history? I thought American's were dumb. . .

Didn’t you just get this warning?

Reminder of Rule 5: 

Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; please be aware that individuals may give opinions which are not shared by other members. Insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.   

You keep making personal jibes at people dude. Stop calling people idiots because of something that you obviously don’t understand or agree with because it doesn’t affect you personally. Just because you don’t want to see that all forms of discrimination that happen all stem from the same source of white supremacy doesn’t make it any less true or not something that should be considered or discussed rationally instead of going straight into personal jibes by resorting to name calling.

• I dont know much about UK history but I know in the US there are many cases of white people being treated more fairly. Other races being considered ‘less human’, more likely to get discriminated against or killed, harder time getting work, unable to vote, imperialism seems to have been majorly white lead, etc. While certain things were created to help, non-white people still have disadvantages and the facts are there regardless if you as a person view yourself as superior or not.

This is very, very true.

• A lot of the world’s issues from the discrimination of BIPOC people, LGBTQ+ people, women and even people who are mentally disabled all stem from white supremacy ideology. Anything that is different, whether it be being anyone who’s not white, who is a woman, anyone who isn’t cisgender or straight and people with mental health issues are lesser than white people and don’t deserve respect or accommodation. This has been seen time and again throughout human history since the beginning of colonization and is in constant repeat. Look at the US right now, transgender people wanting to be accommodated to by being allowed to have the right to use thee bathroom of the gender they identify with, even in the UK you have people like J.K. Rowling screaming anti-trans rhetoric on social media just because trans people want accommodations to take a p*ss in the bathroom of the gender they identify as.

All forms of discriminations are equal to each other and are intertwined with each and stem from the same ideology of white supremacy. It’s really not that difficult to figure out or see.

• I know both the history and the revisionist pap some call history these days.

I'm only truly proud of my "Show us your Pu55y" thread".

Not least because you haven't showed up accusng me of anything in that one..

This site it appeards caters for ALL sorts of Autists, not just YOUR KIND of Autist.

That's your Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at work for all of us.

• White supremacy is when white people think they are superior to other people and have a natural right to dominate society.

I dont know much about UK history but I know in the US there are many cases of white people being treated more fairly. Other races being considered ‘less human’, more likely to get discriminated against or killed, harder time getting work, unable to vote, imperialism seems to have been majorly white lead, etc. While certain things were created to help, non-white people still have disadvantages and the facts are there regardless if you as a person view yourself as superior or not.

I dont completely agree with everything thats being done to ‘undo’ the past, for example 90% of any ‘villain’ I learn about in history class were all white (unsure if thats because more white people have been bad or if its cause if they mention someone of a different race theyll get in trouble), and in movies they are making live action remakes of movies and changing the white characters to be Black or asian, etc, and while I think thats okay, I also know if they changed a Black character into a white character then people would get upset. Frozen was criticized for having all white characters (despite it being inspired by1800s Norway - which males sense for them to have fair skin) yet movies like Mulan who have one race depicted are not criticized because it makes sense for chinese to live in china. Some kind of reverse-rasism attempt which is essentially still racism. Even with these few ‘not great things’ twords whites, just based on history and current events it is quite obvious that there is a ‘white supremacy’

Im sure its even more so than what I know but being white myself I cant say what struggles there are

• Exactly right. Best reply yet. 

• "Engineered for trouble", yes that's what asking questions can do.

But it's high time this stupid canard of "White Supremcacy" (IAnd I didn't bring it up) was exposed for the flithy slur that it is.

And no one, I see from reading the reply actually seems to know what it is!!

As a bunch of fellow Autists I'd have though one of us would have got past the emoting and made an honest attempt to answer my question. And if the phrase is going to be in the title of peoples posts why shouldn't I ask what it actually is?