This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is this "White Supremacy" I keep hearing about?

This term gets bandied about quite a lot these days, and it seems to mean different things to different people.

So what is it?

Is it real, or just a psychological tool being used to marginalise and confuse white people in their own country as some alledge?

I'm white, and I can tell you people quite sincerely I don't feel "supreme" in any way. 

I will admit I did fake it once, when I got stranded in Dharan International Airport, and the only viable solution to my serious problem not of my making, was to make it someone else's problem... 

Seriously, All I needed to do was strike a folded arms pose in the empty concourse, wear a stern expression and tap my foot pointedly for about ten minutes and a guy ran up to help me!

I tried to act like a traveller in a 1950's film and it worked like gangbusters.

I didn't actually SAY "now look here, my man" but I did rather complain, and ask for a representatvie of British Airways to be summoned, on the basis that it was B.A. who had stranded me at midnight, in Dharan, at the start of one their bigger religious bank holidays whilst I am supposed to have been delivered to Rhyad!

The B.A. representative (who'd clearly been woken up!) got me a connecting fllght and a trip to a hotel for a wash and a nap before being returned to find that my connecting flight was cancelled.... Literally a melee broke out amongst my fellow travellers and in amongst the shouting I heard someone say the magic word "Taxi"... 

Still playing the part of a 1950's english traveller I grabbed the nearest two shouting people and said "You need to go to Rhyad, I need to go to Rhyad, CAN WE GET A TAXI??" 

Long story short, 450 kilcks to Rhyad in a monstrously large cheverolet after haggling (The others were going pay the asked rate, I lived in Brimingham at the time amongst middle eastern people, so I haggled, didn't know any better) cost me 40$ U.S....

I blame all those 1950's films. I really do. T.V. and FIlm is literally "programming". Good thing the people at the airprort must have watched some of the same films I did...  

I was so out of my depth. Outside Rhyad international airprot where my taxi had dropped me, (as I did not actually HAVE a final destination, the company was supposed to have picked me up at the airport some 8 hours previously, and none of the mobile numbers given were working fro me, so once I was in place at the airprort I had to get my O/H back in the U.K. to let em know I needed picking up). A sheikh looking dude was beating a smaller man with the obviously heavy and substantial black headband of his headgear...

In Dharan I'd got used to people stopping and literally falling to the fall and praying on the hour every hour.

And I'd learned that people will do a LOT for a few dollars U$ (me included).just like over here..

When chaos erupted around me as the flights were cancelled, and people were shouting at each other, my instinct was to organise a co-operative solution of like minded people with the same objective in order to achieve my own goal.

Is that "white supremacy"?

I don't know, I was too busy trying to get to my destination and adapt to the unfamiliar environment in whch I found myself, and solve the real problems I encountered, to be worried about the colour of my co-travellers. 

Seriously, what is this white supremacy they keep talking about? Is it a nickname for cocaine perhaps?

And where can I get some? ;c)

• and the person that brought up all this marxist crap thats erupting and dividing the community was a peurto rican and that stuff is a american divisionary race politics based on critical race theory and it doesnt belong anywhere on this planet and should be extinguished along with nazism

• if there was a white supremacy... then white people would be supreme wouldnt they?

tell me what would a supreme people look like?

they would have full control of their homelands wouldnt they?  and wouldnt be at risk of extinction or replacement, they wouldnt allow anyone else in their homeland at all wouldnt they? but theyd be a large demographic in other peoples countries?

tell me does that suit white people?

no.... quite clearly not... it suits africa, as everyone in africa is african... no one else is allowed there in any way but as a guest, same as in india... and i was looking into buying property in india but wasnt allowed as they have a no foreigners law... but yet they can buy property in the uk and do seeing as 90% of london properties are owned by india... again this this sound like white supremacy or does this sound more like indians are supreme?

also should i hate indians for being supreme? or should i just accept thats a normal power dynamic of a changing world history and that it may change again as china is looking to be the next pax world peace global power and they dont tolerate none chinese in their country and will likely start pushing chinese into others and expanding themselves and their population in others, just as india is doing.... but white people? they are giving up their spaces, refusing to reproduce and generally ethnic cleansing themselves... how is that supreme? 

• You seem blind to your own discrimination against people due to the color of their skin, sexual oritentation, and biological sex. White people didn't invent discrimination, because there were cultures that existed without white people, and they had discrimination in them, usually due to class or birth rights. 

• you need to stop reading and believing articles... anyone can make them, they are not gospel, if you believe any article you are easily misled, i will just write you a article too and change your ideology then lol use your own mind, dont let a article propagandist think for you....

• I really have to tell you to be careful about what you read online. The article states vague things like "white supremacists websites" but not exactly where those websites would be, and most posts don't have people's race being viewed, well unless they want they want you to see it I suppose. And the majority of people would not support the views that women are useless. Please use some critical thinking when reading stuff online. 

• how?..... are you claiming discrimination didnt exist before 1400?

do you understand what you call white people, dont have that much long a history.... you have like 10s of thousands of African and Chinese history longer than white history... are you saying discrimination didnt exist until recent times?.... japan didnt even know europe existed and they had their own culture full of discriminationary ideas.... so how does that work? 

again you just hate white people and you want to blame them as if they are pandoras box itself 

• Lol! Yeah, I think a lot of people need to back up and realize they are letting their emotions get the best of them in this forum. Where did I hate on white people by pointing out that all forms of discrimination stem from white supremacy? I even showed articles from both in the US and the UK that tie sexism, misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia to white supremacy and yet somehow me saying all discrimination stems from white supremacy is being racist to white people? That’s funny as heck. JoyJoyJoyJoy

• There are people who still are racist to this day

yes... you... but you fail to see your own racism... and your deranged clearly indoctrinated in marxist ideology spewing the same catchphrases and lies as they are precisely taught which i have heard from all of people who have been brainwashed by that ideology. im still holding out hope you can think in the future and realise its all just lies and a widespread racist agenda your brainwashed into

• you can see the divisonary lies there when you tried to lump women into it as a victim of so called white society.... do you understand your white colonial empires of the past you hate so much were actually run by queens? queens not just heads of state but full directional power? ... the entire colonial era was named after queen victoria.... and if we hated women do you think wed just have all gone extinct in the 1400s? ...you really need to get a better education than this and think really harder

• People can face discrimination, but not all forms of discrimination are equal. It could be anything from exchanging a few words to outright physical violence. Discrimination as not equal in my mind in this regard. 

I also understand that you're against discrimination, and yet you're also discriminating against cis white straight males, which is discriminating against this group of people based on their white skin color, straight sexual orientation, and male biological sex, or otherwise seeing white people as white supremacists, which is also discriminatory against them. It seems weird to me that you don't see this as discriminatory. I find it very racist. 

• but is it respectful to have all of these terms that basically mean whoever is using them just hates white people?

how is a white person supposed to respond and be kind and civil to a person whos barking and snarling at us and claiming we are privileged and claiming we are racist supremacists? .... its disgustingly racist, and i dare anyone to snarl in my face and say all of these terms in their hate fueled way and see what my response would be to it. probably the same reaction youd get as saying the N word to a black person so yeah, all these terms are racist as hell

• I think the word a lot of people are missing is the word stem, which I’m using the term in the means of saying “originate in or be caused by.”

• I’m not the first person to realize that all forms of discrimination stem from white supremacy, I’m just the first person to bring up the subject on this forum because I want Autistics to be included in the conversation because if sexism/misogyny, homophobia/transphobia all stem from white supremacy then isn’t it possible the discrimination against disabled people also stems from white supremacy?

• I would like to add that there has been many times I could tell that I was being discriminated against but I couldn’t figure out if it was because of my race or my Autism that I was being discriminated for, it could even have been both at the same time for all I know.

• No it was the (IMO abusive) term "White Supremacy" I was questioning.

We can look into "White Priviledge" later if you like...

Unfortunately if you look into which races do the most crime, and which are most likely to resort to violence during the police questioning process, It starts to look less like institutional racism in the police and more liek profiling.

They pull more people in hoodies than in business suits, and ehn they do pull people they treat them differently depending on how they are dressed, I have personal experience of this when I was younger, does it make them clothes-ists? Fashion fascists?

Or do they just know after some time on the force, by word of mouth, which demographics do which crimes?

Gosh, I never thought I'd end up defending the plod! When I was younger I dressed in a way that attracted adverse attention from them, discrimmination if you will, which I very much resented. Now I am older and wiser I understand how that process works.

In truth, white people are a small and shrinking minority in the world and heading that way in this country.

That's how it should be I am told. 

Those are simple facts, easily corroborated when you go and try to disprove them by searching regular internet sites that have the relevant information. No "Conspiracy required", just simple demographics.

This phrase I hear so widely used and indeed appeared in a headline of a new members post recenlty seems so far from the truth, it's valueless except as a catchphrase used by one group to demonise another.

In Leicester a poll was conducted to ask how many of it's people considered this to be their country. I applied my most cynical guess and I was still way over estimating the result...

I'm not so much against the process, as against everyone pretending it isn't happening.... 

• Not all forms of discrimination are equal to each other. To discriminate against today's white people, for what the white people in the past have done, is wrong. Judging someone based on the color of their skin, is wrong. That's discrimination.

There are people who still are racist to this day, just look at the US. As for not all discrimination are equal,  the definition of discrimination as given by the OxfordLanguages that appears when you Google it says “the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or disability.” So based on the definition all discrimination is equal as it is included in the definition. Also, there are many people who are members of multiple minority groups, I for example fall under three categories, disabled, LGBTQ+ and BIPOC. You also have black women who can face both racism and sexism at the same time. There are trans black women who can face racism, sexism and transphobia all at once. I just don’t think it’s wise to state that not all forms of discrimination are equal when people can fit into multiple minority groups and face multiple forms of discrimination all at once…

• White privilege is the belief that, although white people can be poor and disadvantaged, those who are black and from ethnic groups are far more likely to be stopped and / or arrested by the police, therefore even poor white people have an advantage over them. I think that this is what is being debated here.

Thank you for making this point.

I was finding it confusing.

It is actually white privilege that the OP must be talking about here and it is therefore meant to be the subject of the thread rather than 'white supremacy'.

Is it real, or just a psychological tool being used to marginalise and confuse white people in their own country