What projects are you doing?

Do you have any projects on the go? 

I've been writing a creative fiction story for the last 5 years... Not really any progress on that. I write a bit and then stop again and don't return to it for ages.

I watched the classic Italian Job movie for the first time a few years ago and fell in love with those old Minis. The same thing happened when I watched Mr Bean.... So one thing led to another and in February this year I finally found the right one and bought myself a classic Mini. Lol. It's a really cute little car. Pinkish purple paint with adorable picnic patterns on the seats. I'm not a mechanical techno girl but I am trying with this little car lol.

So far I've driven it twice, washed it and changed the filter. Great start! 

My other project which I'm having a bit more success at is my garden. My garden is pretty big and this year I've made up some stone borders, started growing some cute little flowers and I've managed to put in a breakfast patio which I haven't been able to use yet because the weather is terrible lol!

The garden itself though is looking good, better than it did last year anyway, progress in the right direction.

Last year I was so depressed and found myself suicidal stood at a train station - I'm not proud of that btw but I was just so low I wasn't thinking straight - so anyway fast forward and this year I'm feeling better now on antidepressants and my MH team have said about starting some projects to keep myself busy so I've got my Mini and my garden.

I'd be interested to hear your own if you're happy to share. Might inspire me to do something new! Blush 

• Your Mini sounds lovely. Is that the very first one they made? Good luck with your house viewings. Coincidentally I'm viewing houses over the weekend.

• Been restoring the heater for my MK1 Mini Cooper, viewing houses tomorrow for the next chapter of our lives.

• Hello,

glad life is better for you now and hope this continues. My project is painting a panel for my Land Rover so I can fit it. I have two doors to do as well. I do get frustrated as dyspraxia does make painting messy for me but I do my best.  

• Yes we will live in it as the market isn’t great around here. Definitely worth doing the work to it. It is a pain to mow the big lawn but much nicer than the 4m x 4m paved garden at our last house, that was also south facing and got so unbearably hot. It’s fun to decorate as we’ve always rented and been stuck with white walls, I’m really letting loose. My living room is decorated with the Dunelm X National History Museum dinosaur fossil range 

• A short sci fi story story

Playlists for friends

searching for a new home.

• I'm the opposite and have a really good attention span, I can get quite lost in something.

• Rain is really annoying when it comes to gardening, it literally stops everything except for plant growth. There's a lot of trees in my garden but they don't block the rain weirdly.

Hopefully we're in line for a dry spell soon... Slight smile 

Ouch, oh no that sounds painful for you. I dislocated my finger last year, it was the index one on my right hand and like I don't even know how I did it but I remember the pain well. Worst pain I've experienced! Hopefully you can find some new hobbies that won't take up too much time and more importantly won't cause you any pain or health issues. 

I like finding new hobbies. I try to find a lot of stuff to occupy me. It makes a good escape from the issues I'm facing in real life.

But a bit like you I don't always stick to my hobbies. Some I start and then I completely abandon them before I really give them chance of success. 

I think my short attention span doesn't help with this tbh but I believe that's a part of autism so it probably makes sense really.

• My ongoing project is my garden, which I would currently be more successful doing with a plasterers trowel than a garden one as it's so wet.

For the most part I've given up on projects as as soon as I start one loads of things start happening that mean I don't have time for it, my finger joints don't allow me to do many crafts now because they're hypermobile and dislocate. I don't really have the space either, there's so many things I'd like to do, but space along with lack of money and time put the kybosh on so many things. There's two other things that stop me, machines hating me, like my sewing machine which either refuses to work at all when I go near it, or makes nests of thread from the bobbin thread and it only does it to me too. The other thing is my total inability to draw, I have no artistic talent whatsoever, I can see it all in my head and have the urge to create, but I just can't get it out on a page.

• You're welcome and I hope you can find it. I bought it in a charity shop last year but I think I've seen it on eBay once or twice when looking for similar books. 

• Thank you. So kind. Yes it was good advice, they're actually really nice and seem to care and that's made such a difference for me. 

Your dollse house photography sounds interesting. I like doll houses. I still have my toy one from growing up and I've got another that I like to furnish but that's an older one from like the 70s or 80s. 

I won it on eBay for about £10 during covid.

Thanks for the link. Cool thread. There's a lot of talent here. Unfortunately I'm not good at drawing but I might add some of my writing as that's something I do a lot of and I'm ok at it.

• Thank you. I love Minis as well! My mum has a countryman they're really good for storage. Wow you inherited a house?? That's amazing and sounds like a wonderful project to be taking up your time. Will you live in the house when you're done sorting it? Enjoy your big garden. They're hard work being bigger but I really love my garden I like to sit out in it and relax in the sun when the suns come out.

• Glad you’re feeling better now. I love Minis the pinky purple paint sounds amazing. Unfortunately I don’t have the space for a second car especially one to keep running as a project, if I did get a Mini at the moment it would have to be a fairly modern Countryman so I can fit everyone and everything in! I inherited a house around Christmas so I’ve been doing lots of decorating. I also have a quite large garden so starting to get that sorted now. Need to build my daughter’s playhouse and also should be rehoming a large tortoise which will need some sort of summer habitat built. Normally my projects would involve crocheting but no time for that at the moment!

• Wow really great interests! I’m gonna look for this book! Thank you! 

• this year I'm feeling better now on antidepressants and my MH team have said about starting some projects to keep myself busy

I'm glad you feel better now.

I also think that was very good advice.

I'm presently photographing dolls house items for stock photography.

This thread might be of interest:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/30395/forum-creative-space/352529#352529

• I like sci-fi as well anything and everything to do with it. My love of sci-fi first came when I watched Doctor Who and then I started collecting sci-fi books and movies and watching other sci-fi stuff like the X Files.

One of my fave alieny things is this book I've got called Alienology. It was a Christmas present when I was about 13 and I loved the book straight away. It's an interesting read and has a lot of interactive features.

Do you do much art stuff? I like to be creative in Photoshop. I do a lot of drawing. I use Blender a lot as well, I was making a 3d graphics life simulation game but I've stopped that for now.

• Hi I just finished one sci fi alien story about time travel, reincarnation and there is much affair and much action. I also drew a Portrait of that alien in photoshop but I’m not satisfied with it, I’m gonna work on it but now I’m constantly busy with my little daughter and catching some moments to recharge in loneliness and silence. I’m gonna have more projects when she grows up a bit