Newly diagnosed, who do I tell

I’ve just found out today I’m autistic,

I’m a 40 year old male and I don’t know who to tell other than my wife and children. 
do I keep this to myself or let the world know

Parents
  • I believe there is no rush and no obligation to tell people (certainly not until you have given yourself time to have a really good think about all the new information you have been taking onboard since receiving your diagnosis).

That said, outside of your immediate family, I wonder if you might consider updating your GP? (if they are not already in the know).

I like how this video tackles the "who to tell" challenge of disclosure and unmasking.  (I have found re-watching this video helpful to me - when assessing who / what / how / when I might be considering telling someone next):

https://youtu.be/nwFOxUmIisQ?feature=shared 

... including as Paul in the video says at the end (19:08 minutes into the video): remember to be kind to the people you are coming out to (for the reasons he goes in to explain) - people you tell sometimes need time themselves to get up to speed to then be able to join you on your journey.

• I believe there is no rush and no obligation to tell people (certainly not until you have given yourself time to have a really good think about all the new information you have been taking onboard since receiving your diagnosis).

That said, outside of your immediate family, I wonder if you might consider updating your GP? (if they are not already in the know).

I like how this video tackles the "who to tell" challenge of disclosure and unmasking.  (I have found re-watching this video helpful to me - when assessing who / what / how / when I might be considering telling someone next):

https://youtu.be/nwFOxUmIisQ?feature=shared 

... including as Paul in the video says at the end (19:08 minutes into the video): remember to be kind to the people you are coming out to (for the reasons he goes in to explain) - people you tell sometimes need time themselves to get up to speed to then be able to join you on your journey.

Children
No Data