What is wrong with wanting to marry a man from a good family, with a good job and looks good too?

1. I told my colleagues this 

2. I fell out with this one guy and told him that the only reason he was gonna get girls was bc he was 1. tall and 2. his dad is rich 

3. Now everybody is making fun of me, telling me to stop bothering that one guy in an attempt to get my hands on his inheritance 

Parents
  • You're honest. I'll give you that. Of course very few of us are indifrent to the looks of our prospective romantic / sexual partners. It's natural to have prefrences. Of course not everyones prefrences are the same. There are women into older guys, not just because they are assumed to be rich, but because they seem stately. There are girls into short guys. There are girls into extreemly adrogynus effeminate looking men. Human taste in partners is diverse and women are no exception.

Now if your ambition is to be a stay at home wife and mother then marrying a guy who's job can suport a familly on its own is highly attractive. Suporting kids and running a house on one persons minimum wage job involves a lot of hungry bellies and canceled christmases. And that's with the goverment hand outs which in this political climet don't feel so secure.

For a woman not intrested in kids who wants to work herself a husband with a creative career that makes him happy (but not rich) might be more attractive.

That said you can have a rich handsome husband and be miserable as sin because his personality is rottern. This is the issue with the way people date. People talk about looking for red flags but the reality is they have a much longer list of 'green flags.' Atributes their potential match must have otherwise they are not intrested. And the reality is most peoples list of green flags is so extensive there are very few candidates left with the right green flags who don't have lots of red flags too. In fact in many ways the people with green flags are more likely to have lots of red flags because there experence of life has been they can get away with more than others do.

The reality is in desperation most people are more willing to compromise on red flags than green flags. They ignore them, or tell themselves that the other person can change, that they can 'fix' them.

The reality is often the other way around. Poor men can become rich more easily then crule men can become kind. The thing is people often pay lip service to this idea then go and chase the people with red flags themselves. There irony is the very people critacising you are probably doing what you said you wanted to do, prioratise looks, wealth etc over personality etc. They are just finding ways to rationalise it so they don't have to admit to themselves and others that's what they are doing.

I mean think about it mathermaticly. If your guy has to be of above average hight? Well you just chopped your dating pool in half. Above average wealth? Now its a quater of what it was. And you're chasing the same quater a lot of other women are. What about age? Does he have to be around the same age as you? Your dating pool just shrank a lot there. you start adding personality and common interests on top of that things get small really really quickly. And then if you have prefrences for things like hair colour / face type, the number of guys in your city you can date is probably a number you can count on your fingers.

• You're honest. I'll give you that. Of course very few of us are indifrent to the looks of our prospective romantic / sexual partners. It's natural to have prefrences. Of course not everyones prefrences are the same. There are women into older guys, not just because they are assumed to be rich, but because they seem stately. There are girls into short guys. There are girls into extreemly adrogynus effeminate looking men. Human taste in partners is diverse and women are no exception.

Now if your ambition is to be a stay at home wife and mother then marrying a guy who's job can suport a familly on its own is highly attractive. Suporting kids and running a house on one persons minimum wage job involves a lot of hungry bellies and canceled christmases. And that's with the goverment hand outs which in this political climet don't feel so secure.

For a woman not intrested in kids who wants to work herself a husband with a creative career that makes him happy (but not rich) might be more attractive.

That said you can have a rich handsome husband and be miserable as sin because his personality is rottern. This is the issue with the way people date. People talk about looking for red flags but the reality is they have a much longer list of 'green flags.' Atributes their potential match must have otherwise they are not intrested. And the reality is most peoples list of green flags is so extensive there are very few candidates left with the right green flags who don't have lots of red flags too. In fact in many ways the people with green flags are more likely to have lots of red flags because there experence of life has been they can get away with more than others do.

The reality is in desperation most people are more willing to compromise on red flags than green flags. They ignore them, or tell themselves that the other person can change, that they can 'fix' them.

The reality is often the other way around. Poor men can become rich more easily then crule men can become kind. The thing is people often pay lip service to this idea then go and chase the people with red flags themselves. There irony is the very people critacising you are probably doing what you said you wanted to do, prioratise looks, wealth etc over personality etc. They are just finding ways to rationalise it so they don't have to admit to themselves and others that's what they are doing.

I mean think about it mathermaticly. If your guy has to be of above average hight? Well you just chopped your dating pool in half. Above average wealth? Now its a quater of what it was. And you're chasing the same quater a lot of other women are. What about age? Does he have to be around the same age as you? Your dating pool just shrank a lot there. you start adding personality and common interests on top of that things get small really really quickly. And then if you have prefrences for things like hair colour / face type, the number of guys in your city you can date is probably a number you can count on your fingers.

Children
No Data