Realtionships

You are autistic. You meet a person you instantly click with and are strongly attracted to. You realise or are informed that that person is also on the spectum. You are aware that your shared neurodivergence may be the cause of your strong attraction. You think that getting together with an autistic person is either the only chance you have of ever having a truly working and deep relationship, or the worst idea you ever had. Which is correct?

(please don't reply that it all depends on the person, as that it is always true, regardless. Neurodivergence and relationships are the issue here. I'm tryiing to explore the pros and cons of partnering with another autistic person)

Parents
  • I've not had a relationship with an autist, but have failed with a narcissist,  an alcoholic, one with antisocial personality disorder, and a Tory.  I gave up all hope of a successful relationship after that bunch and have been happily unattached for several decades.

Ben

• I've not had a relationship with an autist, but have failed with a narcissist,  an alcoholic, one with antisocial personality disorder, and a Tory.  I gave up all hope of a successful relationship after that bunch and have been happily unattached for several decades.

Ben

Children
  • Wow, Ben. I was stuck with a spoilt, shallow, moody, selfish pain in the ass for 5 1/2 years because she was stunning, and the sex was off the hook, At least tell me that despite your ex partners being really messed up and/or an Ahole, they were gorgeous and/or the sex was great. Otherwise, you must just see relationships as a form of self-harm. At least I had an excuse for subjecting myself to her misery, albeit a very shallow and  primal excuse. But, hey, you never know if you'll ever go to bed with someone THAT fit ever again (I haven't), so  I think any bloke would understand.