Is casette worth buying?

I only ask because one of my fave singers Dua Lipa has released her new song as a cassette single and as she is one of my fave singers and one of my special interests I like to own everything Dua Lipa! 

I don't have anything to play a casette though. But I still want to buy it but I want to use it as well. My mum said cassette isn't worth buying and my dad said it is.

I'm torn.

Looks cool though right? Grin Grin

• No not yet. 

I have the new  blue and red  Compilations, but they are  3  records each at  150 min each.

I haven't had the opportunity  ( or felt like ) sitting down and listening to all that  yet.

Bit I went out of my way  to get the color versions  they are nicknamed the red and blue albums, so i wanted them in red and blue.

My favorite Beatles album however, has always been Magical Mystery Tour.

• They sound super fabulous.

Did you hear the new Beatles song last year? I did. I liked it. Before that I hadn't heard their music before but now I listen to them a lot.

I prefer colour vinyl as well. I have a lot of different coloured vinyl including red, white, yellow and jade green.

• Sydney Newman and  Verity Lambert  ( the  more or less creators of Doctor Who) passed away aged 80 in  1997  and  71  in  2007 respectively.

So they would have been aware of  how far the series had come.

I like to think they were rather pleased with how far their creation has come.

• I also have a few picture vinyl records.

The Beatles Revolver  and Let It Be.

Personally I think color is much more fun but both are great to have.

One of my color records is supposed to glow in the dark ( Shenmue II)

...haven't seen it do it yet.

• Ikr... There's something so cool and special with colour vinyl. I like the pictures ones as well. My Taylor Swift reputation vinyl has her face on them, until I bought it I didn't realise picture vinyl was even a thing!

Amazing!

• I have some of the Doctor Who audiobooks. Big Finish is such an amazing thing to have started. I love that the original actors star in some of the audiobooks as well! 

It would be interesting to see what the original creator thought if she could see it now? I bet it would blow her mind (in a good way!) Blush 

I find it easier listening to books rather than reading them. I struggle with reading and it makes me anxious weirdly.

Do you have a fav Doctor Who audiobook?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the first new series will be like this year with the new Doctor and Ruby.

• Color vinyl is especially cool.

When possible I always opt for the color vinyl version.

• Go for it! If you want it and it's going to make you happy then you have little to lose.

I don't own cassette but I do have vinyl. I like to collect and play vinyl. I'm a big Taylor Swift fan and I am in the process of collecting all her vinyl. I have nearly all her cds.

I love the sound of vinyl and the different coloured editions! Blush 

I'm sure cassette has this special charm as well. If you want it then go for it. You only live once right?

• Go for it.

If you want it and can afford it  you should go for it.

It hurts nobody and the  cassette is cheap enough as is, a generic "walkman" is cheap enough and you might develop an appreciation for cassette tapes down the line.

Your dad is right.

I am off course a tad biased because I never stopped using cassettes, I listen to audiobooks and quite a few of my audiobooks are on tape.

Oh and colored media is cool.

• Have your cake and eat it!

A usb Cassette player was very cheap last time I looked, and would allow you to rip your tape to digital.

Every time you play a cassette it degrades sightly, and there's the pencil thing to contend with if you are "unlucky".

• Thanks I'll check out Iplayer as well. That's sad r.e the first ever EP. I wonder what his dad would say? Probably wouldn't like that much.... I read how much he enjoyed doctor who and how he loved the fans like the children. I like the audiobooks with doctor who I have heard some of them though nowhere near all of them! I struggle with reading and do most of my books now in audio format. Works much better for me.

• I'm broke as well lol I have a part time job helping out my neighbour who's elderly.... I clean for her Slight smile but I can't afford to buy much.

I've got all the Elsa cards apart from the Enchanted Winter card. I haven't managed to get it from a packet yet and it's waay too expensive to buy second hand lol.

I haven't counted mine but I have quite a lot.

• BBC iPlayer is now where nearly all the older stuff can be found, now that the 'Who

niverse' package has been launched on there. For many of the audio-only ones, the missing footage has animation recreating as best they can what would have been on screen. Or you can just listen. 

One sad thing: the very first story, while it is not missing, is currently not on the iPlayer because the son of the guy who wrote that story (and seems to have control of the rights) is refusing to let them show it. Complicated backstory to that and it's all very sad. I highly doubt his father would approve. So the catalogue begins with story two - The Daleks. 

• You must like to collect Disney things to do with frozen? Have you heard of the Lorcana cards?

Yes and yes!

Ive been collecting the Lorcana cards but I have to use my own money Disappointed Im broke lol

I think I have around 100 right now. I reallyyy want the Elsa Snow Queen card

• Thanks I definitely need to get everything I can. It's like an insane desire which I can't get rif of! You must like to collect Disney things to do with frozen? Have you heard of the Lorcana cards? I have loads of them now.

• Thanks! I'll ask him about the pencil Pencil2

• I didn't know doctor who was on tape. I watched it for the first time last year, the final of the 60th annicersary and then Ncuti's first episode with Ruby which I really liked. I've been thinking of watching the others like older ones on Disney Plus as they are all on there apparently but I literally don't know where to start from.

I didn't know it's on tape as well though. I really enjoyed it last year and if I continue to like it and it becomes an interest for me then I will start collecting all doctor who stuff as well.

• But I feel like I should get more than one tape now! Maybe the right album in that format will one day tempt me. My cassette walkman probably feels a little lonely and neglected since that one tape got played months agao!

• I have a nostalgic fondness for cassettes. I'm doing the 'great pilgrimage' right now - all Doctor Who eps from 1963 to now in order - and as some of the early episodes survive only as off-air audio recordings I was doing those ones as CDs until I got to one story where I'd bought it so long ago it was in cassette form only. One fairly cheap Amazon purchase later, and I was happily reacquainting myself with the hiss and clunk of the format, and the joy of spooling back to re-listen to bits, and the strange pleasure of ejecting to change sides. All so pleasingly analogue, and somehow much more soothing... if a little less pristine in sound quality. 

• I dont know hardly anything about casette players. But I do know about the desire to have everything related to your special interest. If you are able to buy it and want to, then I dont see any reason to not.