Is casette worth buying?

I only ask because one of my fave singers Dua Lipa has released her new song as a cassette single and as she is one of my fave singers and one of my special interests I like to own everything Dua Lipa! 

I don't have anything to play a casette though. But I still want to buy it but I want to use it as well. My mum said cassette isn't worth buying and my dad said it is.

I'm torn.

Looks cool though right? Grin Grin

Parents
  • I have a nostalgic fondness for cassettes. I'm doing the 'great pilgrimage' right now - all Doctor Who eps from 1963 to now in order - and as some of the early episodes survive only as off-air audio recordings I was doing those ones as CDs until I got to one story where I'd bought it so long ago it was in cassette form only. One fairly cheap Amazon purchase later, and I was happily reacquainting myself with the hiss and clunk of the format, and the joy of spooling back to re-listen to bits, and the strange pleasure of ejecting to change sides. All so pleasingly analogue, and somehow much more soothing... if a little less pristine in sound quality. 

• I have a nostalgic fondness for cassettes. I'm doing the 'great pilgrimage' right now - all Doctor Who eps from 1963 to now in order - and as some of the early episodes survive only as off-air audio recordings I was doing those ones as CDs until I got to one story where I'd bought it so long ago it was in cassette form only. One fairly cheap Amazon purchase later, and I was happily reacquainting myself with the hiss and clunk of the format, and the joy of spooling back to re-listen to bits, and the strange pleasure of ejecting to change sides. All so pleasingly analogue, and somehow much more soothing... if a little less pristine in sound quality. 

Children
  • I have some of the Doctor Who audiobooks. Big Finish is such an amazing thing to have started. I love that the original actors star in some of the audiobooks as well! 

It would be interesting to see what the original creator thought if she could see it now? I bet it would blow her mind (in a good way!) Blush 

I find it easier listening to books rather than reading them. I struggle with reading and it makes me anxious weirdly.

Do you have a fav Doctor Who audiobook?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the first new series will be like this year with the new Doctor and Ruby.

• I didn't know doctor who was on tape. I watched it for the first time last year, the final of the 60th annicersary and then Ncuti's first episode with Ruby which I really liked. I've been thinking of watching the others like older ones on Disney Plus as they are all on there apparently but I literally don't know where to start from.

I didn't know it's on tape as well though. I really enjoyed it last year and if I continue to like it and it becomes an interest for me then I will start collecting all doctor who stuff as well.

• But I feel like I should get more than one tape now! Maybe the right album in that format will one day tempt me. My cassette walkman probably feels a little lonely and neglected since that one tape got played months agao!