Is casette worth buying?

I only ask because one of my fave singers Dua Lipa has released her new song as a cassette single and as she is one of my fave singers and one of my special interests I like to own everything Dua Lipa! 

I don't have anything to play a casette though. But I still want to buy it but I want to use it as well. My mum said cassette isn't worth buying and my dad said it is.

I'm torn.

Looks cool though right? Grin Grin

Parents
  • I have a nostalgic fondness for cassettes. I'm doing the 'great pilgrimage' right now - all Doctor Who eps from 1963 to now in order - and as some of the early episodes survive only as off-air audio recordings I was doing those ones as CDs until I got to one story where I'd bought it so long ago it was in cassette form only. One fairly cheap Amazon purchase later, and I was happily reacquainting myself with the hiss and clunk of the format, and the joy of spooling back to re-listen to bits, and the strange pleasure of ejecting to change sides. All so pleasingly analogue, and somehow much more soothing... if a little less pristine in sound quality. 

• I didn't know doctor who was on tape. I watched it for the first time last year, the final of the 60th annicersary and then Ncuti's first episode with Ruby which I really liked. I've been thinking of watching the others like older ones on Disney Plus as they are all on there apparently but I literally don't know where to start from.

I didn't know it's on tape as well though. I really enjoyed it last year and if I continue to like it and it becomes an interest for me then I will start collecting all doctor who stuff as well.

• BBC iPlayer is now where nearly all the older stuff can be found, now that the 'Who

niverse' package has been launched on there. For many of the audio-only ones, the missing footage has animation recreating as best they can what would have been on screen. Or you can just listen. 

One sad thing: the very first story, while it is not missing, is currently not on the iPlayer because the son of the guy who wrote that story (and seems to have control of the rights) is refusing to let them show it. Complicated backstory to that and it's all very sad. I highly doubt his father would approve. So the catalogue begins with story two - The Daleks. 

• BBC iPlayer is now where nearly all the older stuff can be found, now that the 'Who

niverse' package has been launched on there. For many of the audio-only ones, the missing footage has animation recreating as best they can what would have been on screen. Or you can just listen. 

One sad thing: the very first story, while it is not missing, is currently not on the iPlayer because the son of the guy who wrote that story (and seems to have control of the rights) is refusing to let them show it. Complicated backstory to that and it's all very sad. I highly doubt his father would approve. So the catalogue begins with story two - The Daleks. 

Children
  • Thanks I'll check out Iplayer as well. That's sad r.e the first ever EP. I wonder what his dad would say? Probably wouldn't like that much.... I read how much he enjoyed doctor who and how he loved the fans like the children. I like the audiobooks with doctor who I have heard some of them though nowhere near all of them! I struggle with reading and do most of my books now in audio format. Works much better for me.