Is casette worth buying?

I only ask because one of my fave singers Dua Lipa has released her new song as a cassette single and as she is one of my fave singers and one of my special interests I like to own everything Dua Lipa! 

I don't have anything to play a casette though. But I still want to buy it but I want to use it as well. My mum said cassette isn't worth buying and my dad said it is.

I'm torn.

Looks cool though right? Grin Grin

Parents
  • I have a nostalgic fondness for cassettes. I'm doing the 'great pilgrimage' right now - all Doctor Who eps from 1963 to now in order - and as some of the early episodes survive only as off-air audio recordings I was doing those ones as CDs until I got to one story where I'd bought it so long ago it was in cassette form only. One fairly cheap Amazon purchase later, and I was happily reacquainting myself with the hiss and clunk of the format, and the joy of spooling back to re-listen to bits, and the strange pleasure of ejecting to change sides. All so pleasingly analogue, and somehow much more soothing... if a little less pristine in sound quality. 

• But I feel like I should get more than one tape now! Maybe the right album in that format will one day tempt me. My cassette walkman probably feels a little lonely and neglected since that one tape got played months agao!

• But I feel like I should get more than one tape now! Maybe the right album in that format will one day tempt me. My cassette walkman probably feels a little lonely and neglected since that one tape got played months agao!

Children
No Data