Foxy has four legs

Well my post diagnosis was messy and the mute shut down and rejection of alll medical assistance was the out working of a failier of response that is typical of the mental health provisions in surrey. the few people I saw were ok and the psychiatrist did get me a step along but i was wel annoyed that his paper work was nessacary to qualify what i had been bleeting on about for years anf even now the system has let me drift off because i was traumatise dby the 40 questions it takes to get an assesment to go on the 18 month waiting list for therapy. PLEASE

So how was i exumed from my silence and driven from my pyjamas and the doldrums of indifferent failier and the contemplations of my own execution that I willing ly considered and rejected to continue what I saw as fsithful but self detructive choice to live.

Well She is called Foxy anad she is the dumped dog who escaped the battersey death nell, to become my little world of sucess on a different world view of things.

You can see her baby picture here

http://www.alldogsmatter.co.uk/?dogs-rehomed,7

I am up at 4 to keep the floor dry and when she eats I remember to, her walks and my medication go together and all in all we are a good team, I have to be the boss and eat first and have learned to shout or bark when I am not happy with realy bad behaviour, I am the one who is at the training classes she is well smart and had to go up a class.

The staff at the school responded in fine style to my iam autistic card and a few of them have first hand experience and experts in the friend and family line who would consult to help my challenges, which was overwhelming on the first day.

http://adolescentdogs.com/ have been exelent in their understanding and have been keen to help me keep a sfe and happy doe mostly I needed reassuring that i wass not breaking her in some way.

So I was lead out of the rock under which I crawled realy by a small bright inteligent Little Red Dog, called Foxy.

WB

When ther are no languages to bridge the devide it is the best of us as animals that we have in common, it is sad that we despise this beauty in ourselves as base and of no value or function, for I think it is the very antidote to all that ails us as a result of the toxicity of the life we call modern.

Parents
  • I agree..I still toy with the home school issue weekly. I have contacts who do it and never looked back..ironically a lot of them are ex teachers..which speaks volumes about the education system. The kids I know who do it as exactly as you described..I just worry I wouldn't be up to the job.

I am sure O would thrive but am not sure about S..he loves the social aspect of school and it would be hard for him to knuckle down at home and he can be distracting to his more studious minded twin.

I kind of hope I will recover and be able to do home school one day but I am told this won't happen. I have nerve damage and other ongoing issues that are complicated and not going to get better with time. 

ANy how..Brian and I saw the AS guy last night..who was fantastic. He has written a bit on AS, is on the spectrum himself and was very clued up. He is sure Brian is on the spectrum. Brian also saw a shrink today..pretty much as we expected..disinterest. He gave Brian a test on different scenarios and said if he scored 4 he would refer him onto another consultant..Brian scored 9 so we are now awaiting his 3rd appointment with this other guy. Sounds like the next chap is the one he needs to see as he will spend a day being observed and talking about his whole life. No idea how long it will take.

The shrink told Brian that 'when you get your diagnosis there is no provision for people with you type of disorder'..so same old same old. We were not expecting anything beyond the assessment process and that is why we started seeing this therapist privately. We both feel very positive about this and the assessment is just a formality, and hopefully and aid to getting people to take our concerns about O seriously.

So no alarms and no surprises there. I had a look at the PDA and it sounds very similar to O, although he has other traits too. The therapist sent us loads of stuff to read and told us to highlight things we related to..I found I could highlight a lot of traits for both Brian and myself so I will discuss this with him next time we go. I have felt most of my life that I was 'acting' and was always frightened that people would find out 'what a shambles I really was' if I let them see the real neurotic, OCD me...I love order, routine..have some rituals, and am light noise and smell sensitive. I have not used avoidance tactics as a child or adult although I have suffered with very bad depression and social phobia on many occasions. I can also become immersed in certain things and feel annoyed/stressed if I have to stop them without completing the task fully..this always caused me issues in the work place. Hmmm rubs chin....I will ask more. I also replay things on a loop that have bothered me..no amount of counselling ever stops this from happening and I feel hounded by past events no matter how hard I try to let them go or rationalise them.

I do not have any issues with empathy though..I wish I had..I can weep buckets over injustices or sad events that happen to others....I think perhaps I am just neurotic in a general sense. 

Ah well enough gibbering...glad MiL is rallying and I hope you don't have to keep fighting too hard with the NHS to get what she needs.

Take care

Oatie

• I agree..I still toy with the home school issue weekly. I have contacts who do it and never looked back..ironically a lot of them are ex teachers..which speaks volumes about the education system. The kids I know who do it as exactly as you described..I just worry I wouldn't be up to the job.

I am sure O would thrive but am not sure about S..he loves the social aspect of school and it would be hard for him to knuckle down at home and he can be distracting to his more studious minded twin.

I kind of hope I will recover and be able to do home school one day but I am told this won't happen. I have nerve damage and other ongoing issues that are complicated and not going to get better with time. 

ANy how..Brian and I saw the AS guy last night..who was fantastic. He has written a bit on AS, is on the spectrum himself and was very clued up. He is sure Brian is on the spectrum. Brian also saw a shrink today..pretty much as we expected..disinterest. He gave Brian a test on different scenarios and said if he scored 4 he would refer him onto another consultant..Brian scored 9 so we are now awaiting his 3rd appointment with this other guy. Sounds like the next chap is the one he needs to see as he will spend a day being observed and talking about his whole life. No idea how long it will take.

The shrink told Brian that 'when you get your diagnosis there is no provision for people with you type of disorder'..so same old same old. We were not expecting anything beyond the assessment process and that is why we started seeing this therapist privately. We both feel very positive about this and the assessment is just a formality, and hopefully and aid to getting people to take our concerns about O seriously.

So no alarms and no surprises there. I had a look at the PDA and it sounds very similar to O, although he has other traits too. The therapist sent us loads of stuff to read and told us to highlight things we related to..I found I could highlight a lot of traits for both Brian and myself so I will discuss this with him next time we go. I have felt most of my life that I was 'acting' and was always frightened that people would find out 'what a shambles I really was' if I let them see the real neurotic, OCD me...I love order, routine..have some rituals, and am light noise and smell sensitive. I have not used avoidance tactics as a child or adult although I have suffered with very bad depression and social phobia on many occasions. I can also become immersed in certain things and feel annoyed/stressed if I have to stop them without completing the task fully..this always caused me issues in the work place. Hmmm rubs chin....I will ask more. I also replay things on a loop that have bothered me..no amount of counselling ever stops this from happening and I feel hounded by past events no matter how hard I try to let them go or rationalise them.

I do not have any issues with empathy though..I wish I had..I can weep buckets over injustices or sad events that happen to others....I think perhaps I am just neurotic in a general sense. 

Ah well enough gibbering...glad MiL is rallying and I hope you don't have to keep fighting too hard with the NHS to get what she needs.

Take care

Oatie

Children
No Data