Christmas cards indecision

Whenever I stock up on Christmas cards, I like to purchase a selection featuring different images that appeal to me in some way. When it comes time for me to write out my cards, I will then attempt to choose a card featuring an image that I think the recipient will like most.

A few weeks ago, I happened to be in the vicinity of a greeting card shop that I usually purchase my Christmas cards from. Remembering that my supply of Christmas cards at home wouldn't be sufficient to see me through this Christmas, and not knowing when I might next visit my town centre, I considered it wise to stock up.

In recent days, I have been thinking that I must get my Christmas cards written and posted, to avoid leaving them until the last minute and then pannicking. I know people say it is the thought that counts, but I dislike it when I am on the receiving end of greeting cards that arrive after the event.

Anyway, I have been looking at my packs of Christmas cards feeling thoroughly indecisive. The rational part of my brain is telling me that Aunty so-and-so probably won't care whether she receives a card featuring a robin, deer, or a colony of penguins. It strikes me as ridiculous that I feel unable to select just any old card at random.

Is it just me, or does anyone else experience the same kind of indecision with choosing greeting cards for people?

Parents
  • I love choosing Christmas cards and they always have to be just right ^-^ 

Always spend so much time looking through them and finding the loveliest with the cutest picture. There's so many to choose from and it makes deciding hard but I'll usually find that perfect one ... eventually :-) 

Mine usually have geese on them lol :D 

I find it very distressing that people throw their cards away.

I have a huge box full of every Christmas and birthday card I ever got. And I still keep them now. I never ever throw away things that were bought for me :) 

• Another person who feels the need to choose the perfect card. Yay!

As I've gotten older, I've had to become ruthless and selective in terms of the things I hold onto, mainly because I don't have the space to hold onto everything.

Should you find yourself needing to be equally as ruthless, some of those Christmas cards and birthday cards could be re-used. I have a friend who will make greeting cards using images from cards she has received. In addition, I have relatives who will use the images from greeting cards they have received to make gift tags.

• I love to pass christmas cards every year too

Reply Children
No Data