Christmas shopping. SOS. SEND HELP!

It's that time of the year again when my Good Lady decides she needs to go in to the heart of the big bustling town to do her Christmas shopping. I have tried to convey to her that online shopping is not only cheaper but also far less hassle. However as usual she is not listening to me and is set in her ways.

But it gets worse...

She wants me to not only take her to town but also to go shopping with her!!!

It will be nice to get out for a bit, she tells me.

So quite naturally I have been trying my best to get out of this all week but I am quite depressed to announce my cunning ploys have all failed and I am driving in to London this morning. Drat.

I had pretended to be ill but she didn't believe me. I hid in my study but she found me. The woman is determined, I will give her that.

So, my granddaughter who also has autism has given me tips on how to get through today. I'm glad she has autism, we help each other through the challenges life throws.

I have her tips to assist me today.

This morning I have checked the tyre pressure on the Rolls. All good. I've checked the oil. All good. I started it to go to the post office and it started.

However if by some miracle you are able to save me from this dreadful situation then please do send help to get me out of it! 

Parents
  • Why don't you just say, "No thanks, this year I'll pass on that. I'm not feeling up to it"? I don't quite see the point of forcing yourself through this when your partner isn't respective of your autism. Shop online and get it all delivered. 

I, too, regularly check the tyre pressure on my Reliant Robin. This morning I noted some hoodlums have had off with the hubcaps!

• Why don't you just say, "No thanks, this year I'll pass on that. I'm not feeling up to it"? I don't quite see the point of forcing yourself through this when your partner isn't respective of your autism. Shop online and get it all delivered. 

I, too, regularly check the tyre pressure on my Reliant Robin. This morning I noted some hoodlums have had off with the hubcaps!

Children
  • I used to have a chum who owned a Reliant Robin. It used to have Nicks' Tricks written on the side of it.

Nick used to do electrical work, I learned most of my electronics knowledge from him actually, he really knew his stuff. He would travel round repairing electrical bits for people for quite a reasonable fee. He did televisions, vinyl decks, alarms, car electrics, everything and anything. I saw his little Robin every day at one time.

Every time I see one these days, which is quite rare now, I am always reminded of Nick.

• This morning I noted some hoodlums have had off with the hubcaps!

Sorry to hear that Frowning2