Do you enjoy fireworks?

It's bonfire weekend and there are displays taking place everywhere over these few days so I thought I'd ask you all whether you enjoy them? 

I think they're pretty and I do like watching them however I dislike the impact they have on wildlife and animals. 

Parents
  • I happened to read an online article in my local newspaper that mentioned the UK law on fireworks and timing restrictions. It stated that fireworks can be used any time between 7am and 11pm. This extends to midnight on Bonfire Night, and to 1am on New Year's Eve, Diwali, and Chinese New Year.

When I read the article, I considered it crazy that it's perfectly legal to set off fireworks during daylight hours.

Personally, I think the law needs changing:

1) Limit ALL fireworks to "special occasions" like Bonfire Night, New Year's Eve, etc.

2) Limit noisy fireworks to organised displays only (the kind funded by local councils).

3) People wishing to have their own private displays in their gardens will only be able to purchase quiet fireworks. This should also include the likes of pubs and football clubs in residential areas.

4) Change the legally permitted time from 7am to dusk at the earliest (when people will actually be able to see and appreciate them).

• I agree with all of this! Well put.

Reply Children
No Data