Theme song

Hi,

I know I can't be alone in having a theme song, one that lives in your head rent free.

I suppose it has changed over the years, for years it was Creep by Radiohead or Too many friends by Placebo but now it seems to be Iris by Goo goo dolls.

What are your go to songs?

Parents
  • When I was younger it used to be The Way I Am by Eminem, I just related to that "I am whatever you say I am" line because it meant just shrugging your shoulders and not caring what anyone said about you. I even got it tattooed on my arm

Now that I understand my autism its probably Rocketman by Elton John. I feel the lyrics of it relate to the autistic experience a lot, that feeling of being from another planet and no one knowing. I love the line that says "I'm not the man they think I am at home" as it just says that we're different and no one really knows

• When I was younger it used to be The Way I Am by Eminem, I just related to that "I am whatever you say I am" line because it meant just shrugging your shoulders and not caring what anyone said about you. I even got it tattooed on my arm

Now that I understand my autism its probably Rocketman by Elton John. I feel the lyrics of it relate to the autistic experience a lot, that feeling of being from another planet and no one knowing. I love the line that says "I'm not the man they think I am at home" as it just says that we're different and no one really knows

Children
  • These lines invigorate me, it wasn’t my fault, I was an autistic teen.  Autistic people seem to be easy prey.

You know you can't hold me forever
    I didn't sign up with you.
    I'm not a present for your friends to open,

Goodbye Yellow brick road.