Theme song

Hi,

I know I can't be alone in having a theme song, one that lives in your head rent free.

I suppose it has changed over the years, for years it was Creep by Radiohead or Too many friends by Placebo but now it seems to be Iris by Goo goo dolls.

What are your go to songs?

• my theme song is red kingdom from tech nina

• I was listening to that song yesterday, Ive just got into it! Such a good song. I like those lines

• My motivational song and ultimate feel good song is We Are The Champions by Queen. When I hear it I feel like nothing can stop me. Blush

• These lines invigorate me, it wasn’t my fault, I was an autistic teen.  Autistic people seem to be easy prey.

You know you can't hold me forever
    I didn't sign up with you.
    I'm not a present for your friends to open,

Goodbye Yellow brick road.

• My motivational song is 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem.

Though, the song which motivates me now is 'Shadowplay' by Joy Division. 

• When I was younger it used to be The Way I Am by Eminem, I just related to that "I am whatever you say I am" line because it meant just shrugging your shoulders and not caring what anyone said about you. I even got it tattooed on my arm

Now that I understand my autism its probably Rocketman by Elton John. I feel the lyrics of it relate to the autistic experience a lot, that feeling of being from another planet and no one knowing. I love the line that says "I'm not the man they think I am at home" as it just says that we're different and no one really knows

• They've hung around with me a few times before, I had a major hang up with one more light after Chester died. 

• It would be one of two songs by Linkin Park

1. Crawling
    2. Numb
  • I think it's square peg syndrome, when you don't feel that you fit you cling to lines that resonate and we sometimes get a bit stuck

• When I was a teenager I had a girlfriend who was obsessed with Iris, especially the "I don't want the world to see me cause I don't think that they'd understand" line. I guess vampires and struggling teens have a pretty similar experience.

For me, it'd be either Rumours of my Demise have been Greatly Exaggerated by Rise Against ("it's not the end that I fear with each breath; it's life that scares me to death") or Sky Babies by The Wildhearts (we're laughing at the earthlings, back on my planet). 

• If I had a theme song I think it would Happy Hour by the Housemartins. Upbeat, fast and a positive fun sounding song Grinning 

Other go to songs for me right now are Dance The Night by Dua Lipa, I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner, Changes by David Bowie and Perfect by Ed Sheeran.

I listen to a lot of music so my go to songs alter on a regular basis but right now this is what I've been addicted to.