Top 5 Best Women’s Football Club Teams Of All Time

Top 5 Best Women’s Football Club Teams Of All Time

1 Lyon 2016-20 (5 Women’s Champions Leagues, 5 French League Championships, 4 French Cups, 1 x runners-up)

2 Umeå IK 2002-04 (2 UEFA Women’s Cups, 1 x Runners-Up, 1 Swedish League Championship, 2 x runners-up, 2 Swedish Cups, 1 x runners-up)

3 Turbine Potsdam 2004-12 (2 UEFA Women’s Cups/women’s Champions Leagues, 2 x runners-up, 6 German League Championships, 3 German Cups, 2 x runners-up)

4 Wolfsburg 2013-14 (2 Women’s Champions Leagues, 2 German League Championships, 1 German Cup)

5 North Carolina Courage 2016-19 (3 USian League Championships, 1 runners-up, 3 NWSL  Shields)

Parents
  • Given the state of rapid change going on in Womens football I think it very early days to put much onus on these results yet. You have lots of big clubs pouring money into the womens teams, improving training plans, getting better quality coaches and improving the equipment all the time.

In 5 years the landscape will ne very different I expect.

Here in Brazil I am seeing a big change in the womens teams too (I have a friend who is a coach in one of the biggest national teams) and expect them to be significantly improved too in a few years

What will make the biggest difference is when we start to get more people actually going to the matches, providing out support and confirming to sponsors that they are worth spending money on to have people get advertised at - that is what drove the UK Permier League to its current level for the mens game 27 odd years ago.

People in stands = advertiser spend = clubs earning and reinvesting in the teams and drawing in the fans. A virtuous cycle.

Have any of you been regularly to support the womens teams?

• Given the state of rapid change going on in Womens football I think it very early days to put much onus on these results yet. You have lots of big clubs pouring money into the womens teams, improving training plans, getting better quality coaches and improving the equipment all the time.

In 5 years the landscape will ne very different I expect.

Here in Brazil I am seeing a big change in the womens teams too (I have a friend who is a coach in one of the biggest national teams) and expect them to be significantly improved too in a few years

What will make the biggest difference is when we start to get more people actually going to the matches, providing out support and confirming to sponsors that they are worth spending money on to have people get advertised at - that is what drove the UK Permier League to its current level for the mens game 27 odd years ago.

People in stands = advertiser spend = clubs earning and reinvesting in the teams and drawing in the fans. A virtuous cycle.

Have any of you been regularly to support the womens teams?

Children
No Data