Wedding Anxieties

Hi.

I'm getting married in June and I think the anxiety is going to kill me. I suffer from horrific anxiety and it's causing me so much grief. I get physical pain from it and have been hospitalised twice because of the pain, really embarrassing but the doctors and nurses are always more than understanding. The wedding will be full of family, probably really loud. I'm terrified. My partner is so understanding. He's already offered to push the date back until I'm ready but I think this will always be a problem for me! 

If you've been married how did you cope and get through the wedding? My brain is all over the place, so many thoughts and worries all the time. I only got 3hrs sleep last night and I've got work tomorrow. *sobs*

I'm worried about my dress as well. I've gone for a vintage one as I thought it looks gorgeous and it was cheaper than a lot of others I looked at. I'm worried my mum will disapprove of this.

So many worries, so much stress. I wish I could hibernate and forget life for a while.

Parents
  • To be honest I used alcohol. As groom I had to give a speech at the reception, which really freaked me out. I had several stiff vodkas about half an hour before the speech was due to take place and I was reasonably OK. If I had to do the same now, I would probably replace the alcohol with CBD capsules which reduce anxiety in me without the downsides of alcohol.

We did the full church wedding, Rolls Royce etc. We economised where we could so that we could have a spectacular honeymoon. We had four days in Rome, then ten days in Amalfi, staying at a hotel where Ingrid Bergman, Humphrey Bogart and the late Pope had all stayed.

• Lol if it helps it helps. I'm glad it got you through it - tho you must have had a hell of a headache after!

Alcohol isn't an option for me as I'm carrying extra weight and it could be damaging, plus I've got kidney issues and they seem to suffer bad with alcohol but I do have anxiety calming medicine to try now. X

• Lol if it helps it helps. I'm glad it got you through it - tho you must have had a hell of a headache after!

Alcohol isn't an option for me as I'm carrying extra weight and it could be damaging, plus I've got kidney issues and they seem to suffer bad with alcohol but I do have anxiety calming medicine to try now. X

Children